What the heck is wrong with my HR20-700?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Squeak

Original poster
Oct 29, 2009
Ohio
Most frustrating thing as something has gone wrong with my main DVR.

Basically boils down to any recorded content stutters -- audio drops, picture hangs up then catches up.

If I am watching live TV it is great, but if I pause for any amount of time, it happens while I am behind. If I catch up to the end it works great again (sucks for football).

Also happens on recorded shows. Sometimes it will work for 5 minutes without issues, but once it happens it goes on.

Rebooting the box clears it up for sometime, but then something happens and it starts up again. It feels almost like the CPU can't keep up and there is a stuck process.

DirecTV support has been lacking so far -- they want to troubleshoot signal issues (which there are not; works great on my other DVR and this one also works fine when live TV).

They also want me to reformat the box (which will go over like a lead ballon in this house if I have to lose all our shows).

I was running a CE for awhile, but believe it got reset to a wide release when then MRV was finally released.

Any thoughts on what the issues might be and any solutions?

A re-format might help. Reloading the current software might also help. If it doesn't, it's probably time for a new box....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)