What the heck up with D* vs Dish re: HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
mserrano said:
I had made up my mind to switch to D* when the new HR-20 HD-DVR came out, until I saw E*'s current HD promotion ($199 for the 622, plus DishHD Gold for $49.99 for 10 months), plus the new HD channels they just put up. The E* deal is very tempting and E* CSR says it expires June 30.

Has anybody heard about pricing for D*'s HR-20 HD-DVR? If it's going to be $199 also, I might still wait on it. It has 2 OTA inputs instead of 1, and it has LG's 5th generation ATSC chips (In addition to the big 4 OTA networks, I get also WB, UPN, TBS-Atlanta and PBS in HD). If it wasn't for 2 OTA 5th gen inputs, I would not consider switching to D*.

I will like to hear your opinions on the future D* HR-20 versus the E* 622 HD-DVR (I currently have the E* 811). I know that E* has much more HD programming, but D* could be ahead a year from now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The HR-20 HD-DVR is not out yet so no one has the answers just yet, there has be some info floating around(from the CES show ,I think) but nothing confirmed.

Satellite guys will have a review on this HD DVR sometime in August.
No official date for a release has been given yet.
Speaking with a D* rep today, 3-4 months yet was mentioned.
So no one knows for sure.
But alot of people are waiting, I think expectations will be high for this DVR.

Jimbo

riffjim4069 said:
How silly of me not to realize that DIRECTV is the HDTV Leader...it says so right on their web site. No need for any stinkin' patience nor sad faces when D* is already #1.:rolleyes:

P.S. some people actually believe this...along with Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Ferry!:haha

Maybe someone can post the page where D* proclaims to be the HD leader.I've red thru all the sources posted and haven't seen that proclaimation yet.I'm not saying your wrong I just can't find it.:confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts