What to do? I need a receiver

Badme

Original poster
Dec 9, 2008
I have a bad 311 receiver, I have tried to get a upgrade for a month now and all that I got was a headache. The customer support is terrible. Can I buy an HD-DVR receiver on ebay and call dish and get it turned on? Will I still have to pay a HD and DVR fee?
Thanks
Eric

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Dish has a holiday upgrade special for customers new to HD. Get an HD DVR for $25 along with 3 months of free movie channels and the Platinum HD tier. See http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/157365-charlie-chat-caps-bytes.html for the details.

You will have to get the HD add-on package for $10 (or $7 for not having it). The DVR fee can essentially be waived if you also have locals by getting the DVR Advantage bundle. Otherwise, it's $5.98 whether you lease or own.

If you buy from eBay or any other source get the R00# and S00# then call DISH and verify that it is owned not leased, that there is no outstanding balance owed and that it has been released for redeployment. Once you get it check for unreported pay per views especially XXX, this will show up on your bill after you activate the receiver. In too many cases it maybe cheaper to upgrade directly through DISH.:)

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Dish has a holiday upgrade special for customers new to HD. Get an HD DVR for $25 along with 3 months of free movie channels and the Platinum HD tier. See http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/157365-charlie-chat-caps-bytes.html for the details.

You will have to get the HD add-on package for $10 (or $7 for not having it). The DVR fee can essentially be waived if you also have locals by getting the DVR Advantage bundle. Otherwise, it's $5.98 whether you lease or own.

I would be more than happy to upgrade with dish, and I will do it just as soon as they get rid of the morons they have in customer support.
I have been jerking around with them for 6 weeks now and I still do not have a new system. The price is never the same twice, when they do show up they bring the wrong equipment. When I do get a price it is always more than a new subscriber, and I refuse to pay more as a loyal customer than a new customer.
You tell me how to get a upgrade, have it done right, and not get screwed doing it, and I will be the first one on the phone to order it.

Thanks
Eric

Or just send an email to:

CEO _at_ ECHOSTAR _dot_ COM

(address spread apart to prevent spammers from getting that email address)

The reps at that address will be able to help you and get you that new $25 HD upgrade. It's a better deal than ebay.

use the chat function on their website. much better customer service and you can save the chat so that you can have proof of what a csr told you. i had to replace and activate a receiver this week and it was very smooth and easy with chat. good luck, and i would take that upgrade option if i were you. good deal.

beaware too that once u lease a receiver from dish, you will be locked in to a 24 months commitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts