What to do with old gear?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingSaucer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Has anyone had success unloading / selling their old D* receivers?

Once you upgrade to HD, you have several doorstops.
I see them on eBay, but are they selling? How much?
Enough to make shipping worth it?

Seems like a waste to just pitch it.

Sell on ebay, in the paper, donate to church or school, sell to a buddy just getting started. Prices depend on the makes & models.

Very basic receivers start at a $15 open bid and let the market decide. If your receiver has DD then maybe bump it $10 to start. If you are selling outside of ebay go for $45 and $60 or a bit higher if you want haggle room. You should be able to ship any where across the CONUS for $10 -$12.

who is buying used outdated basic receivers? There is no use for them. Anyone can get them free from any DirecTV retailer, if they sign a simple contract. If you could donate them to a non-profit, that would get you the most money.

Doorstops.

mini1 said:
who is buying used outdated basic receivers? There is no use for them. Anyone can get them free from any DirecTV retailer, if they sign a simple contract. If you could donate them to a non-profit, that would get you the most money.

Yeah, that's what I figured, but even if a non-profit could afford the monthly D* fee, they'd have free new boxes too. My attic is turning into a supply depot of old technology.

Give it to me, not the guy who stole my avatar. Or donate it just for a write off.
(no problem with the avatar, just kidding)

dodge said:
Give them to me!!!!!
What do you have
Post reply I may buy a few
( existing subs have a very hard time getting truly free equipment)
thanks
Brian

as posted in classifieds, see below. private message me to discuss:

Hughes Receivers:

1. Director's Pack Model HBH-HA with Remote, manual, cables.

2. Platinum Edition Model HIRD-E45 with remote, manual, cables.

3. Dual LNB for round dish.

I meant donate them, and write them off as a tax deduction. The non-Profit would probably just trash them.

I STOLE uPLINKS AVATAR

Hey Uplink
If it is there to be stolen i will do it, No offense I love Red Green, since I dont have any locals from Wisconsin anymore, I gotta rent the dvd's from blockbuster

Actually for those of us using Replay's the old boxes are the nicest since they still support the serial commands. Its somewhat hit and miss on the new boxes. Plus as a cheap second box and so forth. Better than getting one and having a year commitment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)