What to do with old receivers when up-grading

Status
Please reply by conversation.

poolsitter

Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
I just ordered the HR21-700 upgrade to replace an R-10 and H-20 receivers. DTv gave me an $100 rebate (thanks to the forum information I received) to use on the $200 HR21-700. There was a $19.95 handling charge and free installation was provided. I did have to make another 2 year commitment for the up-grade. My question is pretty simple, because I own the R-10 & H-20 is there any resale value for these units? If there is how much are they worth, I originally paid over $100 each for the units at Circuit City with the extended warranty program. Not very smart when I found out latter about the protection package DTv offered.

+1 - ESPECIALLY the R10.
Also, have you given any thought to keeping the R10 on your account, as an overflow SD DVR?
It's only $5 extra & gives you TWO more tuners. (you do NOT have to pay another DVR fee)
The HD dish supports 4 tuners, so it's only a questions of running 2 more coax's to make it work.

Be sure you own the H20, most were leased after march 1, 2006 and need to be returned to D*. If you own the H20 you can sell it to someone else that wants to own there receivers instead of lease them.

Be sure you own the H20, most were leased after march 1, 2006 and need to be returned to D*. If you own the H20 you can sell it to someone else that wants to own there receivers instead of lease them.

I acquired my H20 before March 1, 2006 but when I left D* in May 2006, (Big mistake. I am now back for good.) I had to return it to D* because I had accepted a D* $100. rebate on the purchase. I had no complaint; it just shows that even if someone acquired a H20 before the magic date, there may be a string attached.

Dana

Back when hardware was owned, if you wanted to terminate your contract but still had a commitment, you could often avoid a cancellation charge by returning the hardware.

If you do in fact own them outright, you could list them for sale here in the classified area if you become a pub member ($20 / yr)

I would guess they both are worth at least $50 each, but definately under $100.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)