This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

What touch screen remote should I get?

Optical Serenity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
Marietta,GA
I have the following devices I want to control with one touch screen lcd remote:

TV: Samsung LN-S3252D
Audio Amp: Onkyo HT-S590
Satellite: DirecTV H-20
Game Console: X-Box 360
Music: Delphi MyFi XM radio

The stuff I really want:

Logos for channels I can select (HBO, TBS, TLC, etc)
Rechargeable cradle
I prefer the wide layout to the traditional candy bar style remotes.

Any ideas?

Sounds like a Phillips Pronto is what you are looking for but a Harmony 880 will do it all for 98% less hassle.

I wish they made one that would have the range like a UHF PRO remote does with Dish Network satellite receivers at least. All of them are only IR aint they?

Stargazer said:
I wish they made one that would have the range like a UHF PRO remote does with Dish Network satellite receivers at least. All of them are only IR aint they?
The higher-end Prontos have a built in UHF-IR converter. Basically, the remote works on UHF, and then the base station converts that UHF signal to IR to blast out to your components. Nothing will do Dish UHF directly.

Stargazer said:

We love our Harmony 880. Harmony has a new 890 with both IR and RF. It looks like the 880; you can see it at harmonyremote.com

Last edited:
Save the headaches and get the Pronto or better yet the Martenez version with the pronto "extras" built in, Have it custom programed for your set up and live life.