What touch screen remote should I get?

Optical Serenity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
Marietta,GA
I have the following devices I want to control with one touch screen lcd remote:

TV: Samsung LN-S3252D
Audio Amp: Onkyo HT-S590
Satellite: DirecTV H-20
Game Console: X-Box 360
Music: Delphi MyFi XM radio

The stuff I really want:

Logos for channels I can select (HBO, TBS, TLC, etc)
Rechargeable cradle
I prefer the wide layout to the traditional candy bar style remotes.

Any ideas?

Sounds like a Phillips Pronto is what you are looking for but a Harmony 880 will do it all for 98% less hassle.

I wish they made one that would have the range like a UHF PRO remote does with Dish Network satellite receivers at least. All of them are only IR aint they?

Stargazer said:
I wish they made one that would have the range like a UHF PRO remote does with Dish Network satellite receivers at least. All of them are only IR aint they?
The higher-end Prontos have a built in UHF-IR converter. Basically, the remote works on UHF, and then the base station converts that UHF signal to IR to blast out to your components. Nothing will do Dish UHF directly.

Stargazer said:

We love our Harmony 880. Harmony has a new 890 with both IR and RF. It looks like the 880; you can see it at harmonyremote.com

Last edited:
Save the headaches and get the Pronto or better yet the Martenez version with the pronto "extras" built in, Have it custom programed for your set up and live life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)