Status
Please reply by conversation.

guapoharry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
32ºN 111ºW
What commercials don't you care for? :rant:

You know, the ones that make you want to change the channel, look away, turn down the volume or that drive you crazy?

I have one in mind, but I will wait to post it until later, if no one else does.

This one would make me change the channel (click at your own risk):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9M7bsx10I"]YouTube - Chicken tonight commercial[/ame]

I'm trying to remember a particular (and more recent) example, but thankfully I seem to have done a good job blocking out that portion my memory.

Victimized Animals ad

What commercials don't you care for? :rant:

You know, the ones that make you want to change the channel, look away, turn down the volume or that drive you crazy?

I have one in mind, but I will wait to post it until later, if no one else does.

The most offensive commercial to me is the animal cruelty ad showing graphic pictures of victimized animals. They ask for “contributions” of $19.95 and infer that the money goes to ASPCA and other beneficial programs. Clearly they are tugging on the heart strings.

I have a few:

Well, it use to be any commercial with William Darrell "Billy" Mays, Jr. Not because I disliked him but because every time one of his commercials came on it was like some one turned the volume to FULL MAX

Now its any commercial that has either one of his replacements don't know their names but they are loud too.

And as 1ADAM12 stated (but I include all the) "tugging on the heart strings" commercials.

Last but not least is the ambulance chasing lawyer :p commercials. They are the ones who get all the money. The poor victims get pittance out of the settlements.

Yep those lawyer commercials make me want to vomit. But, to answer the question--I think ALL of them make me hit the mute, change channel or stick in a dvd. The ones that are edited like the "infomercials" to remove almost all natural pauses in speech in order to cram the most advertising words possible in the allotted time really wear me out. That kathy mitchell cooking pot thing on the infomercial Sunday mornings is a good example of that.

There one ads that treat poor kids like 2nd class, there are 2 girls sitting on a table and the rude looking man gave 1st girl horse doll and the 2nd girl get the real live horse.

I don't like corprate ads to me it's rude!!!:rant:

Anyway I forgot the name of this ads, with the purple background at the end of the ads show.

While I like most types of animals/pets, the one that I'm sick of seeing is the one asking us to sign up for 19.95/mnth to help save an animal. If you want to help out an animal, go to the pound and get one.

There are 2 local ones I can't stand - the "HUUUUGGGGGEEEEAH" car dealer and the "FREE FREE FREE" cell phone guy.

And the ones 1Adam12 cited.

And let's not forget the "Cash4Gold" and related commercials.

Last edited:
the save the animals ones,
one thing that they don't mention in the commercials is that they actively fight farmers raising livestock, hunting, and anything else to do with harvesting meat
i am sure lots of people have been suckered in to sending them money, and little did they know, they are trying to take the meat off their table!! and if they are a farmer, they are trying to take away their livelihood!!
also the trend on the local channels around here is that people are making their own VERY amateur commercials.
there are two credit unions that have several horrendously bad commercials each.
one of them has 40 year old women acting and dressing like they are teenagers sending text messages back and forth about the credit union
another has 3 or 5 people in their commercials who have the most monotone voices i have ever heard. when they do change the tone of their voices it sounds forced and is typically at the wrong times. it is painfully obvious that they are reading que cards.
then theres the heeltastic commercial on the hotel networks where the woman's voice sounds like sandpaper and she says "my heels feel a lot softer" that one actually is kinda funny because of the irony of a woman with a voice that rough saying she has softer heels.

I remember now. Unfortunately. Damn!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAgz51U6Jvw&feature=related"]YouTube- Saved By Zerolled[/ame]

Since the annoying part gets thrown in your face immediately, there isn't enough time to change the channel. I resorted to palming my ears and humming very loud.

I hate any Geico commercial. It doesn't matter if its the cavemen or the stupid gecko. I'd like to grab the caveman by his nasty scruffy beard and shove that gecko straight up his @$$!

now the ones I hate

-yeah the animal ones. Always see those on VH1 Classic during some good videos
-Geico....either one
-Flo and Progressive Insurance...need I really say more there??? ;)
-Vince and Shamwow or the Slap Chop. It was very ironic that after he got arrested for slapping a hooker I noticed at the end of the slap chop commercial it says "Be like Vince and slap your troubles away" :)

and one local...you know its a small market station. There's these commercials that showcase high school graduates from local schools which is fine but they show them EVERY COMMERCIAL BREAK and there's only like 8 different ones.

Best ones IMO
-Ted Stadler and the Mattress Ranch. He's big in Alaska and seen some during sporting events in Alaska. He's on all 4 networks and My Network in Anchorage
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICppcKiwrPw]YouTube - Mattress Ranch Animals[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eldbPUqhFZk]YouTube - Mattress Ranch 3[/ame]
-Cal Worthington and Worthington Ford....you tube it. Well worth the videos :)

Flo and the Progressive commercials drive me round the bend.
I also hate those commercials showing poor kids in Africa and asking for $1 a day.

What we all need is somebody to invent a gadget that can detect those tones that activate the blasted things, and make it switch the 'mute' mode on the tv lol.

edit: OH another one I forgot that is totally annoying = YOUR POWER CHAIR WILL BE PAID IN FULL !!!
We are paying the power chair? Who writes these stupid things.

I absolutely hate that Free Credit Report dot Com singer guy...:rant:

But I LIKE Progressive's Flo! :lick (call me wierd, I just do)

I think the Gecko and the Aflac duck are both hilarious! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)