What type of LNB for IA 5 97.0

Status
Please reply by conversation.

roger33

Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
I have a 76cm offset dish and a Coolsat 5000. I'm trying to hit IA 5. The LNB I'm using is a Zintech Pol. LNBF. I am unable to pick up anything at all. The level goes up to about 95 but the quality never goes above 15-20. Is this the correct LNB for this satellite? My DiSEQC switch seems to be working fine as I am running 110 & 119 through it on another identical dish. Also, where do I find what LNB to use for a given satellite?

IA-5 uses linear polarity, so either a linear standard (L.O. 10750) or universal (L.O. 9750/10600) Ku LNBF will work. This info should be stamped somewhere on the LNBF.

Most FTA satellites use linear polarity, just like IA-5. Only DBS (Dish Network, i.e. 110/119 and DirecTV) satellites use circular polarity (L.O. 11250). There is very little in the clear (FTA) on those birds, and this is a no hack talk forum.

Last edited:
What channels are you currently picking up on 110/119? It may help us determine the kind of LNBF it is. There are a few in the clear on 119, but 110 just a PPV barker and Gol-TV...

According to the LNBF manufacturer website...

http://www.zintech.com.tw/Product/LNBF/LNBF.html

We need to know the Model of the LNBF to help you better.

See wht the numbers after ZKF are...

Examples:
ZKF - F21 N
ZKF - H21 N
ZkF - I21 N

It is likely you have a circular LNBF and you need a Linear. You won't pick anything up off of IA-5 FTA sat with that LNBF.

For FTA, I would recommend a UNIVERSAL/STANDARD Ku LNBF.

This type of LNBF should work well with all Ku band FTA birds in the sky.

Our gold sponsor, Sadoun can help you out with purchasing the right LNBF.

*Edit* Ditto what Tron said...

Last edited:
Both my dishes are winegard 76cm. 110 & 119 are receiving properly. The LNB is have is Zintech ZKF-F22N.

OK CLOSING this one, please PM one of the TWO modorators here ICEBERG or PSB
Letting us know EXACTLY what channels you are getting on 110 and 119.

Members seeing the mention of 110 and 119 in a post should use the report BAD post option rather than help people!

(I guess this is what you can expect from an e-bay smeller :mad: )

(Mods see staff area about memebers asking HACK questions being PM'd))

Here is the pager I just got from the above scumball!

"All PPV's, HBO's, History, etc."

SEE MY POINT!

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
very true. If you "smell" that it might be hack talk, use the "report post" function :)

Attachments

• ws3.JPG
    ws3.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 210
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)