What Universal remote works with SAT520

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wongloo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2005
I just ordered my second Zenith/LG SAT520 receiver from Robert at VE. It's a really good receiver, hence my second. I bought it w/o the remote, since the original remote does not come with it. I don't want to pay alot of $$ for a remote because I want real basic functionality and also because this is going to be obsolete when the new satellites come out this year and next. Does anyone know what brand of Universal remote might work, that doesn't cost alot of money? I have a Phillips Universal that works with my old Hughes SD receivers, which does NOT work with my Zenith SAT520. Now I'm worried. I wanted to pay less than $20. Am I dreaming? Thanks!

Favorite remote

My personal favorite remote is the RCA RCU810. I'm not sure if it is still in production or not, but they are available on eBay for <$10. I cannot say that it natively works with your receiver, but it is programmable so it would definitely work. I use mine to control my Toshiba TV, Phillips DVD, Sony casette deck, RCA DTC210 DirecTV, Panasonic VCR, and Sony audio receiver. We use another one in the bedroom for our Panasonic TV, Hughes DTV, and Emerson VCR. I purchased one of the Harmony remotes and the big Sony LCD whatever a couple of years ago, yet I still like this one the best. I HAVE to have a remote I can lay on the couch and control and not one of the desktop models. This one does everything I need and I give it 5 thumbs up :) http://search.ebay.com/rca-rcu810_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40

Thanks! I ended up purchasing a Directv RC24 universal remote, which is supposed to work, according to its documentation. Got it off ebay too for $12. If it doesn't work I'll try our RCA. Thanks again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts