What use are these New Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Harrelson 69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Once again Direct Tv adds channels that realy nobody cares about! Fox Reality is just reruns of old reality shows! Lifetime real women shows mostly the same shows that Lifetime has shown. Try adding channels that have new and different programming! Bet jazz would be a good start! Not channels that have reuns of old programming on it!

I would like to see some more movie channels. I look at Time Warner's line up of movie channels and they have so much more in terms of cinemax, starz, and HBO, I would like to see less regular channels being added and more movie channels that can rival Time Warner...

Now all Directv has to add is LOGO to finalize the list of stupid channels. I mean I am sure probably some people watch Fox Reality, or Lifetime Real Women, but they seem like channels that aren't showing anything new and wouldn't be missed if they were dropped. :yes

Harrelson 69 said:
Once again Direct Tv adds channels that realy nobody cares about! Fox Reality is just reruns of old reality shows! Lifetime real women shows mostly the same shows that Lifetime has shown. Try adding channels that have new and different programming! Bet jazz would be a good start! Not channels that have reuns of old programming on it!
not true, i care about fox reality it a great tv channel, one of my favorites

I don't care what new channels they add as long as they are showing something new. I am tired of watching the same old crap every time I turn on the tv. Discovery, History, A&E, TBS, TNT and most of others show to many re-runs. With all my favorite network series ended for the season I can't even find anything worth recording on the Tivo. Once the new seasons of Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica and Nip/Tuck start there will be something on worth watching. If it weren't for ScFi & FX we'd spend all summer with nothing but re-runs.

MattJ2124 said:
I would like to see some more movie channels. I look at Time Warner's line up of movie channels and they have so much more in terms of cinemax, starz, and HBO, I would like to see less regular channels being added and more movie channels that can rival Time Warner...

Comcast is the same. For someone who buys premium channels they're much better off with cable. My system has all east and west feeds for all of the Encore channels. They also have Starz Comedy and Starz Family. If you get Starz with Comcast you get several more channels. What's more interesting is that with the top of the line digital package you get the encore channels, all 14 (E&W) so they're not even part of the Starz Package.

Of course they have all the HBO's including HBO Comedy too....

I quit Starz because they don't carry all of the channels. If I was someone who bought all of the premiums though I'd definately opt for cable over DirecTV. I'm a DirecTV fan but premiums are a very very weak area for them.

Comcast in my area also has about a dozen basics that DirecTV doesn't have and they can offer the South Bend stations. Too bad they can't imporve their picture quality and provide a good cheap DVR or I'd switch.

Tvfan24/7 said:
Now all Directv has to add is LOGO to finalize the list of stupid channels. I mean I am sure probably some people watch Fox Reality, or Lifetime Real Women, but they seem like channels that aren't showing anything new and wouldn't be missed if they were dropped. :yes

Interesting. Logo has not even hit the air waves yet and their new website has very little information about their programming. So, how do you know that it is a "stupid channel" already? :rolleyes:

If you have the inside track on their programming schedule, please post the site address. I'm hoping D* adds this channel and would love to get an advance look.

Yay I got Lifetime real women. As a man I find this channel the best channel that D* has to offer. NOT. I pay all this money a month for channels like these? Man why can't they add channels like the Martial Arts Channel? I don't want channels like RFD, Lifetime real women or nasa channel. D* come on add some really good channels.

Bottom line for me is the adding of new HD ch's.....which I hope they do in a hurry. Im really thinking of dropping the HD pack and just go with OTA for HD. What a waste of 12 bucks a mth!!

User_Name said:
Yay I got Lifetime real women. As a man I find this channel the best channel that D* has to offer. NOT. I pay all this money a month for channels like these? Man why can't they add channels like the Martial Arts Channel? I don't want channels like RFD, Lifetime real women or nasa channel. D* come on add some really good channels.

That is the big problem they have with selecting programing to carry. Everyones taste is different. I don't care for Lifetime Real Woman, but my wife and some of her friends have watched it a lot, since they put it came on line on last week. I think the NASA channel is a very informative and educational channel. As a matter of fact I think I read recently they are going to HD broadcast soon.

Getting rid of TRIO was bad, they had a lot of good stuff on it. I am surprised as I think it is owned by NBC.

I like the Reality Channel, not that I like all of its reality shows, but I could watch those old COPS shows all day long. As far as American Idiot and Fear Factor, those could of been trashed the day they came on, as far as I am concerned. They would have to pay me to watch them. But I am sure many people like and watch them.

But like I said, everyone's entertainment choices are different.

I guess we all have different viewing preferences, I am still waiting for Comcast to carry some of the channels that Directv has in my part of NJ like BET, Fox Reality, WE, Oxygen, Hallmark Channel, The Travel Channel and so on. Directv sounds better each and every day.

I don't mind some of the channel D* offer. I just don't understand why they would add channels like RFD and NASA instead of a channel like Martial Arts Channel. The good thing is my wife don't like Lifetime Real Women. The only program on Fox Reality I like is cops. The rest of the shows are a little lame. Does anyone know if you contact D* about adding a channel if they would respond?

vinnyv07 said:
Bottom line for me is the adding of new HD ch's.....which I hope they do in a hurry. Im really thinking of dropping the HD pack and just go with OTA for HD. What a waste of 12 bucks a mth!!
That's exactly what I did. Trust me, you won't miss it at all.

User_Name said:
Does anyone know if you contact D* about adding a channel if they would respond?
I sent an e-mail about TNT-HD last September. They said they were working on it...

User_Name said:
I don't mind some of the channel D* offer. I just don't understand why they would add channels like RFD and NASA instead of a channel like Martial Arts Channel. The good thing is my wife don't like Lifetime Real Women. The only program on Fox Reality I like is cops. The rest of the shows are a little lame. Does anyone know if you contact D* about adding a channel if they would respond?

Some companies PAY your DBS provider to carry their channels. Some "minor" channels are carried because of contractual obligations the DBS provider agreed to when they negotiated the carriage of a parent company's "major" channel or channel package. There are always tons of behind the scenes issues that the end user is never aware of, and can't be made aware of for legal reasons.

Status
Please reply by conversation.