What was in BUD is not there now. . . .

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Worked on the BUD days ago, set up some sats with analog channels, so I was sure where I was, and shut down at that point. Was going to search for some FTA with my 8000. Came back about 10 days later, turned it on, and sats were GONE. Unit even stated I needed to set the East/West limits. Now I did have a power outage for about two hours about three days ago. Question would be does this mean the battery is dead or almost dead in my 920? I thought when they went dead, the 920 became a "brick."
If it is the battery, can they be found for something so old?

RT.

check the digital ID on screen...if its all 0's you got a nice dish mover
the battery is just a simple 3 volt battery you can get at rat shack...

I think more importantly, the thing to check is if the UID on screen matches what is printed on the sticker on the back of the receiver. When my model 920 kicked the bucket, the unit ID wasn't all 00's, it was just a bunch of random numbers. Make sure that the UID matches what is on the sticker.

OK on battery.
ID is not all zeros.RT.

Have you ever replaced the battery? I'd reset the limits and see what happens. If you don't have the serial number on the back it should also be on the inside on top of the chassis cage.

Just a note. If you do decide to change the battery, be sure you connect the new battery before you cut the old one loose. Disconnecting the battery is a sure way to make a brick.

I think more importantly, the thing to check is if the UID on screen matches what is printed on the sticker on the back of the receiver. When my model 920 kicked the bucket, the unit ID wasn't all 00's, it was just a bunch of random numbers. Make sure that the UID matches what is on the sticker.
Numbers match.

Have you ever replaced the battery? I'd reset the limits and see what happens. If you don't have the serial number on the back it should also be on the inside on top of the chassis cage.
Batt replace - no. Will reset and check.

Just a note. If you do decide to change the battery, be sure you connect the new battery before you cut the old one loose. Disconnecting the battery is a sure way to make a brick.
I want to think I read a story about the replacement of the batt some time ago. It looked like an important change with a "special" battery. Do remember about connecting new batt wires to old, solder, then cut off old. Maybe I will look more into that "fix." Don't know how long that batt should/would last.
Thanks for all the info guys.

RT.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)