What was ur favorite 5 Voom channels?

I just can't believe we lost voom movies, I liked alot of the movies and the way they run them with repeats every 6 hrs. or so for a day.

1 voom movies
2 filmfest
3 hdnews
4 rave
5 equator

Just wish we could get all of them back, but I'm afraid they are gone for good.

Rave
Equator
and WorldSport may have grown on me..

Only have been a sub for 1 month.. and I am okay with the loss of some of those channels, these are the same channels I have been reading people say they hate the repeats..well no worries anymore!

Now there is more room for other National HD stations! Charlie, get me Comedy Central! :)

Rave, Gameplay, Equator, Monstor, World Sport and Rush. 6 I know but those were it and maybe the one with the models lol.

1. Monsters HD
2. Kung Fu
3. Film Fest
4. Gameplay
5. Rave

What can we do to keep Voom?

If they get rid of Voom where do I go to get it?

1. Monsters HD
2. Kung Fu
3. Film Fest
4. Gameplay
5. Rave

What can we do to keep Voom?

If they get rid of Voom where do I go to get it?

Nowhere, really, unless you live in the NY area and can get CV. That is why this court case is so important...It basically decides whether Voom will exist anymore.

Nowhere, really, unless you live in the NY area and can get CV. That is why this court case is so important...It basically decides whether Voom will exist anymore.

Could someone fill me in on this court case. Where is the best place that I can follow it?

There are plenty of reasons. Say you live somewhere without FiOS, with a cable system that has only 8 HD channels, and DirecTV does not carry your local channels.

you must live near me! (oh wait...the local monopoly here has 12 HD channels ofter their last "expansion") :rolleyes:

I watched :

WorldSport-CFL in HD
Rave
Monsters
GamePlay (well, my son did)
FilmFest

Not much else.

I have trouble understanding the joy some people are having over 15 channels being replaced by...NOTHING! The timing of this week shows that The 15 didn't have to be axed.

This is obviously a lot about the litigation and very little about adding more National HD.

Well, it's about time for my first post. I love this site, by the way. Thanks for all the information. I have to say all I'll miss is Puppets in Space (as my kids and I call it) on Family Room in SUPERMARIONTION! And the silly Zatoichi movies off of Kung Fu, but those are safely stowed away on my USB drive.

Incorrect, if you read carefully he asked (implicitly) of those that were interested in watching voom which 5 did you like best. He did not feel that the five that Dish picked were correct. So it is not open for everyone. If you did not like it, then you have very little to contribute to the thread. If you had only one that you liked, just post that and that will be the end of it. We don't need to read the same post over again when the OP did not ask whether or not you like or dislike the Voom channels.

In fairness you a re reading that into the post. I know that people are upset and that you are one of them but folks that don't miss VOOM all that much have a right to express that opinion as well.

People around here compalin about other forums because they allegedly stifle the expression of opinions but let's not turn into the same thing we condemn.

FWEIW I was nevera big VOOM fan but the channels I did watch on occasion were

1. Monsters HD (in spite of the repetition)
2 Film Fest
3. Rave
4. Gallery
5. Animania but only in smalll doses and the inaccurate guide info was annoying

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts