What will be said on tonight's Tech Chat?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
YuriLuzr said:
Tom488 said:
More importantly, how many times do you think Dave and Mark will use the word "so" to begin each thought, transition segments, or just as filler when they don't know what else to say?

haha, maybe we should do a drinking game, everytime they say "so" when they start a sentence you have to do a shot. :D

I ALREADY do this and it works out well. Normally I am passed out by the end of the show, and from what I have heard, this is a merciful thing. ;)

But you can play too Yuri...I was getting tired of playing with, I mean BY, myself :oops:

What will be said? Nothing we don't already know....

Didn't hear anything new, really....

Nope...

I hate to toot our horn again but you read most if not all of the information here at SatelliteGuys.US over the past week.

It was an OK chat the CEDIA stuff could have been done without.

Didn't seem like they were screaning calls tonight, a few hardballs got through which was good. Also good to hear Dave not affraid to tackle the hardball questions. :)

Tom488 said:
More importantly, how many times do you think Dave and Mark will use the word "so" to begin each thought, transition segments, or just as filler when they don't know what else to say?

Wow!! I thought only *I* noticed crap like that. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
It was an OK chat the CEDIA stuff could have been done without.

Didn't seem like they were screaning calls tonight, a few hardballs got through which was good. Also good to hear Dave not affraid to tackle the hardball questions. :)

I really didn't understand why they showed THAT stuff from CEDIA. I would have rather seen the DISH booths and displays at CEDIA.

I'm glad to see that they are allowing more time for calls and that they are letting the "tough" ones through.

I wonder if they really lost the guy who called in about Name Based Recording. He said he had 3 questions, but "got lost" after NBR was brought up. I was pleased to hear them say it's being worked on. Much better than them avoiding it all together.

mikew said:
I wonder if they really lost the guy who called in about Name Based Recording. He said he had 3 questions, but "got lost" after NBR was brought up. I was pleased to hear them say it's being worked on. Much better than them avoiding it all together.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

I think the Dish video production folks have a habit of "riding the volume" on their microphones during these live broadcasts. This is usually a good thing, as it allows people who are off-camera to relax a little and not be terribly uptight about making noise, coughing, clearing throat, etc. It's especially useful when dealing with a roomful of presenters who are not "professionals" (in the sense of being paid for and having long experience with TV presenting.) I heard it at least once last night when one of the presenters started talking unexpectedly, and was off-mike. It took a few seconds for his mike to be potted back up....

It seems they also extended this to their live callers. They let them ask the question, then put them back on hold while someone answers the question, then bring them back live. Pretty standard practice, actually. The problem, of course, arises when the "button pusher" pushes the disconnect instead of the hold button or on-air button.

Not saying this is what happened, only that it is a good possibility (and doesn't assume malice on Dish's part [that may not exist....]) After all, Dave was answering hardballs all night long, and didn't blink too often....

What are your guys thoughts of the mentioning of Name Based Recording to be added in the future? Anybody have any information on this other than what was told on the Tech Chat about this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)