What will be the E* v D* "Threshold of Irrelavance"?

HD content

I don't understand why people are screaming at E* to retake the HD leader badge. I love to watch HD, but bottle neck right now is not D* or E*. Both companies have nearly identical amounts of HD programing available (not counting stretch-o-vision). The amount of SD programming on HD channels is what we should be talking about.

I've been at the "so what" level for months now.....
Me too! I don't even check out the new "national" HD channels touted by E* anymore.

The ONLY HD content E* could add to get my attention is my locals - period. If E* doesn't provide my locals in HD by the time my contract is up, I'm switching to D*who already does.

Talon Dancer

Yep - I am really glad E* has my locals - they pretty much get the bulk of the HD viewing for us. That would really be the deal-breaker for my & make me switch if I could get my HD locals on one provider & not the other. The rest of the HD channel competition is the "so what" part....

Luckily we can get HD locals (no local ABC station tho) OTA otherwise the lack of HD locals on Dish would be a big negative for me. We lost ABC with the court ruling but we are not really missing it because we never watched it much in the first place. I hope they add whenever they get their sats up. Whenever that is.