What will be the new hd channels?

Harrelson 69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2005
When Voom goes off, does anyone know what channels will replace them and when will they be added?

Cablevision has said when they turn off the VOOM channels on the 20th that customers will not lose any HD channels, so I can on suspect the new channels will come on the same day.

I don't know of any channel lists though as of yet for the new channels.

One thing that VOOM had going was that it was comprised of 15 totally new stations, not HD feeds of programs already being shown on SD channels.

While there are many stations I want in HD, I'll also miss having that extra programming.:(

The channels will be replace by the end of the month. See below:

HDNews Discontinues Service, Remaining Voom Channels to Cease Operations on January 20, 2009
Effective 12:01am on Saturday, December 20, 2008, HDNews discontinued its service and is no longer available. Similar high-definition news and weather programming can be found on Fox News HD (channel 761), CNN HD (channel 725), CNBC HD (771) and the Weather Channel HD (762).

The remaining 14 VOOM networks will remain available until January 20, 2009. The channels will be replaced with other high-quality HD programming in late January. Information about the replacement programming will be published as soon as it becomes available.

Channel #
Channel Name Status
HDNews No longer available
Gallery HD 1/20/09 Removal
WorldSport HD 1/20/09 Removal
Family Room HD 1/20/09 Removal
Animania HD 1/20/09 Removal
Treasure HD 1/20/09 Removal
Equator HD 1/20/09 Removal
Ultra HD 1/20/09 Removal
Rush HD 1/20/09 Removal
Kung Fu HD 1/20/09 Removal
Monster HD 1/20/09 Removal
Film Fest HD 1/20/09 Removal
VOOM HD Movies 1/20/09 Removal
Rave HD 1/20/09 Removal
GamePlay HD 1/20/09 Removal

I was just addressing the fact that the channels being lost shound be replaced by the end of the month. Some users believe that we will lose 15 channels for a while. Cablevision is supposed to be replacing them right away so there customers shouldn't feel the loss.

I was just addressing the fact that the channels being lost shound be replaced by the end of the month. Some users believe that we will lose 15 channels for a while. Cablevision is supposed to be replacing them right away so there customers shouldn't feel the loss.

Understood where you were coming from and was only alluding to the bigger question of which stations we were to receive.

But we'll all feel the loss even more if those new channels include Cars TV, Pets TV, Comedy TV, MyDestination TV, ES TV and Recipe TV created by Entertainment Studios. These half-dozen stations were just added by Fios.:(

i hope they free up enough space to stop the over compression

Then they'll need to remove some more analog channels, otherwise not going to happen. If some analog channels are removed then one can expect the replacement channels to not be on SDV. Otherwise whatever replaces the VOOM channels will most likely be SDV, since CV needs to free up some more space.

Then they'll need to remove some more analog channels, otherwise not going to happen. If some analog channels are removed then one can expect the replacement channels to not be on SDV. Otherwise whatever replaces the VOOM channels will most likely be SDV, since CV needs to free up some more space.

Cable companies have agreed to freeze moving analog channels until after the analog cutoff. It appeared that cable co's were confusing customers by moving channles to the digital tier.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6623219.html?desc=topstory

I thought the FCC mandates that if a Cable Company uses SDV they need to supply a Tuning Adapter?

I just got hooked up today with CV and the PQ is not that bad I have to say and I love having a TiVo house again...

But to coin an old cable channel slogan -- I want my HD TV ;-)

And I don't want to have to use a SA8300HD pile of crap LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)