New Orleans and Baton Rouge Locals

MDB in SE La

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
Hammond
I've looked through the threads and haven't found anything quite like this. I'm in Hammond Louisiana.....approx 40 miles east of Baton Rouge and approx 60 miles north northwest of New Orleans. For our locals, putting in my address, we are in the New Orleans market, even though if we have to choose to shop in NO or BR we normally choose BR because it's 20 miles closer. Friends of mine that live on the west side of IH55, which is approx 1-2 miles away are in the BR market. When I call Dish they tell me that the spotbeam won't allow us in Hammond to pick up the BR locals that we have to take the NO locals......I think that's not the reason. Don't want to say they lied, but they lied, I think! Anyone on these forums have any ideas that this could happen. I would think that I could have lied to them, given them an address on the other side of IH55 and the BR locals would come in here and we should have a choice. I've got an outside antenna and because of the new thing about loosing channels in Feb I now have to deal with NO locals. The outside antenna I could pick up both NO and BR locals, some clearer than others but watchable.

I guess my main question, is there someone that has experienced this or something similar? What did you do about it? Did Dish work with you? My wife said take out another account and just have BR locals on it only with another address on the west side of IH55.....some relatives address. I think that might not be a bad idea but would be costly. Sure seems like since I live in between the two markets I ought to be able to choose, not to be told that I have to take NO channels when we have been used to prefering BR channels. For the obvious reasons, I don't want to give another address to get BR channels, I'd just like them to do the right thing, which in my opinion, forcing NO market on us when we're in the BR market. Quite frankly, just because Dish says we are in NO market doesn't make it so. Any ideas out there, and how did you cope with the problem? Thanks in advance for your help.

MDB in SE La

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts