What will happen if Dish and DirecTV merge?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I can't feel sorry for a government that closes down it's economy and then complains about revenue shortfalls.

Metro by TMobile. Coverage will vary with all carriers. In some places in N. Michigan I get 4G where Verizon gets 0 bars. My plan has 2 lines for $60.
Trust me there are more places where metro has 0 bars. Sorry Metro service can really suck. I was at a job off 94 and 26 mile where att and verizon both sucked and metro worked but that is the exception not the rule.

I have the same. I added a plan for my iPad pro. $20 unlimited. I pay $80 for 2 unlimited lines and that new iPad line.
I can't feel sorry for a government that closes down it's economy and then complains about revenue shortfalls.

Metro by TMobile. Coverage will vary with all carriers. In some places in N. Michigan I get 4G where Verizon gets 0 bars. My plan has 2 lines for $60. Works exactly like it did when I was with T mobile. Its fantastic here in Columbus Ohio.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

i'm paying 100.00 a month for 4 lines with verizon two smart phones and two watches' i have unlimited everything including unlimited 5G service in my area though the home 5G service is an extra 50.00 a month wich includes modem rental and taxes and fess and unlimited usage

Except that is not happening now, DirecTV is now losing about a million subs a quarter, yet all Traditional Providers subscribers also go down every quarter.

This quarter they lost 1.8 million ( plus a few hundred thousand Sling and Now subs), where did they go, they did not go to the Live TV streaming services, Hulu Live only gained 100,000 and 300,000 to YTTV, so that means roughly 1.5 million is just going with Netflix and the likes, OTA also.

The numbers will be much worse next quarter ( April, May, June), but it will be worse for DirecTV, based on their much higher price point, they could lose at least 2 million, if not more.
I think the latest news is that ALL vMVPD's LOST subscribers--for the first time ever! Yes, including YouTubeTV. Those are quite some tea-eaves to interpret.

Didn't think so. So for one or two lines, there are no inexpensive unlimited plans, as Mochuf suggests.
"Inexpensive" is a relative word that is highly subjective. I would say there are some plans that can meet your needs and some of them may be "unlimited" which does NOT mean--for any wireless service--unlimited. I would suggest you research all the MVNO's, if you have not already, for some very good values and relatively super CHEAP compared to service directly with any of the big wireless carriers. Everything in life is a compromise, so find a plan with acceptable compromises that still provide the important things that you need. For Example: some plans may not be "unlimited" but allow for low priced additional data purchased as you need it, and that could provide for lower monthly cost over time. There are tons of MVNO's, all different from each other in countless manners and degrees; you have your work cut out for you if you really want to save.

I think the latest news is that ALL vMVPD's LOST subscribers--for the first time ever! Yes, including YouTubeTV. Those are quite some tea-eaves to interpret.

Did you not read my post that you quoted, You Tube TV gained 300,000.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: osu1991
Did you not read my post that you quoted, You Tube TV gained 300,000.

Can you show where they gained 300k subscribers, because the only thing I can find is that YTTV(Google) put out in December that they have over 2 M subscribers. Not a subscriber count, increase/decrease or any other pertinent info. Same for HuluTV. ATtTv posted it, as did FUBOTV.

Can you show where they gained 300k subscribers, because the only thing I can find is that YTTV(Google) put out in December that they have over 2 M subscribers. Not a subscriber count, increase/decrease or any other pertinent info. Same for HuluTV. ATtTv posted it, as did FUBOTV.

It's a market in flux. Notably, Sony's PlayStation Vue closed down in late January. Meanwhile, AT&T TV Now (formerly DirecTV Now) and Dish's Sling TV lost subs in Q1 and Hulu's live TV offering "hit a wall" and added just 100,000 subs in the period. YouTube TV is still growing (YouTube TV added 300,000 subs in Q1, per Moffett's estimate), but didn't make up the full difference.

And again the biggest point is not how many went to YTTV and Hulu Live, it is how many dropped Traditional Pay TV ( and Sling and Now) this quarter, which is a tad more then 1.7 million this quarter ( 2.15 minus 400,000).

Wait, so it is not a reported number. It is a guess, and a guess form Craig Moffett none the less? The same moffett that said Dish lost 1M subscribers form Fox News in one quarter? Do you have anything else to go on, because that’s not a reliable source at all.