What will happen if Dish and DirecTV merge?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would argue that we have yet to see if Disney+ is a success.

In twelve months I think we'll have a better idea. CBS's app and Disney+ do not have enough new material. Right now they provide new access to older material, which is a novelty. Novelties wear out.
Disney+ is free for the first year for many

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RSNs, I expect that eventually they will be back on Dish but not as part of any basic package. There might be a hefty charge for a "Sports Only" add-on, and by hefty I mean $50-60 per month. Personally I could live with that as long as I didn't also have to take a $80 per month 200 channel base package.

I would think a "Sport Only" add on would also be the only way to get the MLB/NHL/NFL channels too.

Let those of us that like sports be the ones to pay for them.
They wont survive.it will surprise you how many can give it up

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What were tickets going for last year for the NFL, NBA and NHL? $80 for a good team?
$80 a seat would be in the nose bleed section for a decent team. 2 tickets at the Pepsi Center for Avalanche V. Blackhawks, half-way up on a corner. $125 per seat plus the damn "convenience fee" that Ticketmaster gets. $25 per ticket. So 2 tickets = $300. The United Center in Chicago is even more expensive for Blackhawk's games.

Reactions: navychop
$80 a seat would be in the nose bleed section for a decent team. 2 tickets at the Pepsi Center for Avalanche V. Blackhawks, half-way up on a corner. $125 per seat plus the damn "convenience fee" that Ticketmaster gets. $25 per ticket. So 2 tickets = $300. The United Center in Chicago is even more expensive for Blackhawk's games.
Who can afford that? Bleachers filled with lawyers?

Will Joe Sixpack really pay that when the baby needs new shoes?

A depression is generally defined, or so I read, as a year of 10%+ unemployment. We are almost 15% now. 25% predicted. If recovery is slow, perhaps due to continuing waves of Covid 19, business bankruptcies, or even just people being conditioned to avoid crowds, how could $port$ as we know it today, survive? Those massive salaries will go, as sports “club” bankruptcies spread. People concerned about a job, rent and food on the table will not buy tickets, or pay TV or even short term no commitment OTT.

Libraries are moving to curb service. Free. Books. Audio. Video. Live programs. Virtual presentations. 3D printers. E-books. Job seeking assistance. Language assistance. Meeting rooms. And MORE!

Reactions: osu1991
Recoveries are going to be slow due to the huge drop in state revenue. The irony is that Americans are saving more... so maybe going to game becomes feasible. A game. Man, I remember paying $80 for front row in Pittsburgh Pens around 2000/01.

Reactions: HipKat
Didn't think so. So for one or two lines, there are no inexpensive unlimited plans, as Mochuf suggests.

A lot of providers offer that 4/$100 unlimited plan targeting average family size. Are you over 55? Not that they asked for proof but both T-mobile and Sprint have unlimited 55+ plans but you have to catch them when they’re offering a special pricing. We have had the 55 plan with T-mobile for 3 years at $60 all included. They were offering the same deal for $55 for new subs a few months ago.

Reactions: TheKrell
I pay $100/month for 4 lines of unlimited. That includes all fees and taxes.
I've got 4 lines 3 smart phones and a tablet and my bill is $100, NOT UNLIMITED.
When I inquire about unlimited, they give me a figure of $145. or thereabouts ...

Are you with a Major company ? (Att, Verizon, Sprint )

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Recoveries are going to be slow due to the huge drop in state revenue. The irony is that Americans are saving more... so maybe going to game becomes feasible. A game. Man, I remember paying $80 for front row in Pittsburgh Pens around 2000/01.
I can't feel sorry for a government that closes down it's economy and then complains about revenue shortfalls.
I've got 4 lines 3 smart phones and a tablet and my bill is $100, NOT UNLIMITED.
When I inquire about unlimited, they give me a figure of $145. or thereabouts ...

Are you with a Major company ? (Att, Verizon, Sprint )
Metro by TMobile. Coverage will vary with all carriers. In some places in N. Michigan I get 4G where Verizon gets 0 bars. My plan has 2 lines for $60.

Reactions: Gobucks