What will I need to upgrade.......

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
I presently have a 625 & 4900 with Dish 500. I want to upgrade to a 722, 212K, & a single tuner HD receiver. I want to make sure that when I make the call, I know what I need vs what Dish tells me I need.

I would get on your knees and starting praying. They will most likely tell you they can do a DIU for $125 for a 722 and 24 month contract, and then you can buy the other receivers outright.

If you are speaking technically, they will provide what you need pending your location and line of site. There has never been an issue with that. Possible, you might need a second dish. Don't get yourself thinking you know more than they do. As far as $$ for the receivers, you gotta make the call and find out, then come back if you have a problem with it. Don't expect hand-outs!

The "final" setup I want is a 722 for the main room, a HD dual for the bedroom & a single HD tuner for the upstairs. I presently have the feed for the main room (625) & the upstairs (4900). I know that I will need to upgrade the dish itself, but I will also need a feed from the dish to the bedroom

A dish 1000.2 will do what you want with 3 boxes connected. This upgrade would be included in a DIU, but DIU is for 1 receiver. Mostly likely they will say you must purchase the other 2 boxes. The only way to find out is to call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts