Big Ten Hd???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
From the BTN website:

Q: On what level of service does DISH Network offer the network?

A: Inside the eight states with Big Ten universities, Big Ten Network is now available on DISH Network's America's Top 100 Plus package. Outside the eight states, subscribers to America's Top 100 Plus also will need to purchase DISH's Multi-Sport Pack.

I live in Ohio and have America's Top 250 with HD Ultimate and I no longer get the BTN(HD or SD). What gives? I thought this channel was supposed to still be available to those of us in the Big Ten states?

So does it come with D* HD only package?
Does Big Ten Come with E* HD only pack? I guess not! Last I checked Big Ten Network was supposed to be available in Big Ten country along with other local HD RSN's . So your HD only pack doesn't even carry all of E* HD programming, Yet another surprise! So you want to compair your HD only pack to one that doesn't exist for D*. But yet E* HD only doesn't even get it!

Last edited:
Well that was odd. I just have a live chat with a Dish Network CSR about why I am not receiving the BTN anymore. He started out by telling me I could upgrade to AT100+ today to receive the channel. :mad:

I told him I already had AT250 with HD Ultimate so I should receive it. Then he tells me the FCC will not allow Dish to offer the channel to my zip code. I tell him that according to the Dish site, the BTN should be included with my RSNs. I type my zip code and he checks again. :eek:

He then tells me I SHOULD be receiving the BTN(really?, I had no idea :rolleyes:). He had me do a receiver reset and both the HD and SD versions were restored. :)

I tried receiver resets twice when I realized I was no longer receiving the BTN and it never worked. That chat CSR(but could he have?) had to have changed something on my account to allow the channels to be viewed. I'm just saying receiver resets didn't work in the past but once he told me to do one, boom, channels restored!

All in all I'm happy now. :)

E* does give it to you, just not in the package you have.
I understand that but ,I don't understand why With an HD ONLY pack I can't receive Big Ten HD while in Big Ten Country! So if I want BTN and the current HD channels I have now ,Whats that going to cost? I guess more then $48 per month,and far more the $29.99!

Big-10 Network is an RSN. HD Only has no RSNs. By deductive reasoning (elementary, my dear Watson), HD Only does not have Big-10 HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts