Big Ten Hd???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I got the Dish HD-only package about one month ago, and received the Big Ten in HD on channel 9500 .... until the last few days, when it mysteriously disappeared. Three calls to Dish CS resulted in zero answers and three hang-ups! Tremendous customer service.

I got the Dish HD-only package about one month ago, and received the Big Ten in HD on channel 9500 .... until the last few days, when it mysteriously disappeared. Three calls to Dish CS resulted in zero answers and three hang-ups! Tremendous customer service.

BTN was national up until the 19 of March. It turned into an rsn on that day. Rsn are not part of the hd only pack.

Aaaahh, that clears that up for me.
Thank you tigerfan33... someone's gotta update the HD channel comparison sheet (Dish v. DirecTV)

Then you tell us why BTN is not in a hd only pack for people living within the BTN area??:D

The answer is along the same lines as why do they charge a disconnected phone line fee. Because they can do whatever the hell they please. I run a medium sized B2B company, and when someone complains to me about the price of platinum, I don't come up with some cockamamie story about how platinum became an RSN yesterday, or your free preview of platinum just ended. I give it to them straight--because spot on platinum today is $2002 and we mark that up exactly 20%. Everyone just needs to stop with the excuses and give it to people straight. Why is BTN not in the HD only package anymore? Because Dish doesn't want it in that package anymore! :)

Last edited:
The sad thing is - on the DishNet webpage for the HD Only Pack, they still show BTN as one of the "Over 40 great HD channels." (with the disclaimer for that channel "Subject to change without notice.")

Incorrect. The FCC actually decides which channels are tagged RSN's. BTN has no such tag. Not so elementary, is it?

Correct, but just because it's not an declared an RSN by the FCC doesn't mean carriers can't offer it on a regional basis. The FCC stuff has more to do with how contacts are negotiated and arbitrated.

BTW, E* filed a petition with the FCC last year to have B10 designated an RSN, which is probably moot at this point since they did get a contract done.

I just got off the phone with a dish CSR......I called to see why I wasnt getting the Big 10 network (ch9500) anymore like I did in the past and after an hour of resets, check swith's and electronic resets (thats what they called it) the CSR said that I needed a new reciever (!!!!). I told him no thanks and decided to do a search here. Low and behold, it wasnt my reciever after all!!!!! It amazes me that I went thru all that nonsense only to find out here that it was taken off my package.

You cant make this stuff up!

AT250
Dish HD ultimate
VIP 211

I just got off the phone with a dish CSR......I called to see why I wasnt getting the Big 10 network (ch9500) anymore like I did in the past and after an hour of resets, check swith's and electronic resets (thats what they called it) the CSR said that I needed a new reciever (!!!!). I told him no thanks and decided to do a search here. Low and behold, it wasnt my reciever after all!!!!! It amazes me that I went thru all that nonsense only to find out here that it was taken off my package.

You cant make this stuff up!

AT250
Dish HD ultimate
VIP 211

Come in here before you call Dish next time.:)

Correct, but just because it's not an declared an RSN by the FCC doesn't mean carriers can't offer it on a regional basis. The FCC stuff has more to do with how contacts are negotiated and arbitrated.

BTW, E* filed a petition with the FCC last year to have B10 designated an RSN, which is probably moot at this point since they did get a contract done.

To add to your points, BTN was in with E* on that petition. RSN status would make them must carry on Comcast and TWC in Big Ten states.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)