What would change if I installed a 1K.4 WA Dish

Wescopc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 11, 2005
Canby, Oregon
You can see my setup in my signature below, My locals are on 119W. What if anything would change by having a 1K.4 WA dish OR changing my Dishes to DPPlus LNBs?
Bob

With your setup, you would be missing some of the national HD channel feeds, but since you only have the Welcome Pack, and all of your locals come off 110, there would be no difference.

Supposedly the signal would be stronger with the western arc lnb and the 1000.4 sat dish. This dish is able to be peaked even better than the traditional 1000.2 sat dish for western arc subs. Also dishpro plus lnbs make it a possibility to do one coax into the house for one receiver and using a dishpro separator , it can be split in to two coaxes for sat reception on a dual tuner. It would also be the latest tech available for you. Also the 1000.4 lnb will make it possible to run a side sat dish for any other sat dish you want and run it into the in port of the lnb for 4 satellites in your switch check without any other outside switch ,like the dishpro 44 or 34 switch. You can run three lines off the dish to 3 separate receivers . They can be all dual tuners or one dual tuner and two single tuners etc.

Thank you Matthew & Mike, I figured that there would be no change - but good to get confirmation. I only have the one receiver (211K) with OTA and a hard drive. I realize that some change will be necessary if I want to install a dual tuner or upgrade my package. I have LOS issues with the 129W satellite - so my preference would be to upgrade my two dishes to DPP when I make a change. Note that I have the 24" dish for 61.5w and it works well. Would the upgrade to DPP LNBs work for an upgraded package with HD using the 61.5W satellite?
Bob

Last edited:
Not all the national HD is on 61.5, so a full EA dish upgrade would seem to be in order if you can't get 129. Note that your HD locals are probably only on 129...

Portland, Oregon locals only come off 110 (even the HD locals). If you have 129 LOS issues, you're going to have 2 dishes on your home for non-local HD programming. I'm not sure if I understand the upgrading to DPP equipment question.

Portland, Oregon locals only come off 110 (even the HD locals). If you have 129 LOS issues, you're going to have 2 dishes on your home for non-local HD programming. I'm not sure if I understand the upgrading to DPP equipment question.
Thank you Matt, I simply wanted to know if upgrading my two (2) legacy dishes with DPP LNBs would get me the same programing as a new 1K.4 dish would do. I think what you are saying is that the programing would be the same.
Bob

It would just give you a cleaner setup, but no additional channels. To get all of the programming you would need to clear whatever is blocking the 129, and then have a 1k.4 WA installed to get 110/119/129, or have EA installed with a 110 wing dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)