What would D* be like today if under Original Management or Echostar?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Our comparisons, have shown that the best picture quality comes from C-Band, and that is because you get "Production Quality" off of the C-Band systems. Even the Analog picture is so much crisper than anything out there... PS all tests and observations were done on an RCA 36" HD Tube type Television.

The second highest quality system that we have found, is DirecTV, and the only thing that we can figure, is that they have a Higher Power Satellite up there, and along with the fact that Hughes developed all of it with "PanAmSat", they just seem to have found a better way... LOL

Now the rest are all a toss up, and the reason seems to be that everybody else has the same basic Satellite Platform. That is to say, the performance seems to be pretty equal on all the FTA Systems, and Dish Network is pretty equal among all the FTA Systems...

The clear winner in the FTA Systems, is GlobeCast, simply because they have been at it longer, or it seems that way at least, and their receivers are right on all the time. They are also, all automatic and will seek out all the transponders and channels automatically...

As far as the local channels are concerned, each company "DirecTV and Dish Network" have their own timetables to go by and if you talk to someone in the Los Angeles DMA, you will find that we are all very happy with DirecTV, because "Local Channels" means "All" the Local channels from 2 thru 64... Don't ask how many channels there are, because there are too many to count, and I don't watch most of them, because I don't speak any language other than English and some Farcy... LOL

Doctor Bob said:
You are right about that Gary... Here is a "Media" type, who has had it with Dish Network, over the "Yes" network, and there are several thousand in the Hudson Valley New York area that are probably going to switch over to DirecTV as well... LOL

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2005/09/28/noyanks2.htm
Gee why would they have signed for E* in the first place if Yes was that important??? Its only been around 5 years!!

Doctor Bob said:
You are right about that Gary... Here is a "Media" type, who has had it with Dish Network, over the "Yes" network, and there are several thousand in the Hudson Valley New York area that are probably going to switch over to DirecTV as well... LOL

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2005/09/28/noyanks2.htm

How did you become an expert on the Hudson Valley from California? I am there and like many are getting upset with D*s handling of Yes HD on Yankee games.

I am fortuneate to be getting more HD and better quality HD from my cable company and am considering dropping D* if the HD offering doesn't improve quickly.

vurbano said:
I would think that almost anything could look good on a 36" set. Some test. :rolleyes:

Hey Vurbano, do you have diarrhea of the mouth all the time, or is this just a short term problem for you??? Take whatever it is that you are injecting, and change the formula, cause it's making you into a blithering idiot...

I would respond to your "Test" quote, but you you don't know what a real test is anyway, so why waste my time...

Bye!!!

Doctor Bob, are you serious about saying directv is the second best in quality, this is your opinnion, Stop making it like its FACT, It confuses people, And if you think that directvs picture quality is better then dishnetwork now, you must have some pretty jacked up equipment, read all the posts about HD lite please! I have had both, Dish network has better picture quality now, when directv gets their sats up then we can talk again.

Gary Whitaker said:
Of course as more HD sets enter homes this may change. Early adopters are disappointed with the current HD programming line up, tired of delayed promises of coming soon value add channels, and questionable HD PQ.

Are we really considered early adopters at this point? I've been hearing about HDTV since at least the mid-90s. You can go buy a CRT based HDTV at Walmart now for $600. You can't watch prime time television anymore without seeing "HDTV" plastered all over the place. I know PLENTY of people who won't subscribe to the HD pack because of the complete lack of programming...

stuart628 said:
And if you think that directvs picture quality is better then dishnetwork now, you must have some pretty jacked up equipment, read all the posts about HD lite please! I have had both, Dish network has better picture quality now, when directv gets their sats up then we can talk again.

Actually, I have also had both, at the same time, top of the line receivers from both DBS providers, connected to the same display, with the same make & model of cables, and the picture was less than .01% better or worse on one from the other.

So given DirecTV has the NFL, and that the hardware is more stable (might lose that faith depending on upgrades due), and that DirecTV's vision for the future is bigger and seems clearer (we will all soon see that when the delayed launch gets up).

So what's real the landslide victory for DISH? The few weak Voom offerings? I'll give them credit for getting TNT-HD on, and the fact that they offer a few more pricing points (more than 2), but thats about it. Their monthly costs are almost identical when compared on a per channel basis.

BUT the adding channels (any channel) just for the sake of adding them for overall totals is NOT what its about to me and the PQ is not remotely night & day different between the two on my side by side real world use.

Are we really considered early adopters at this point? I've been hearing about HDTV since at least the mid-90s. You can go buy a CRT based HDTV at Walmart now for $600. You can't watch prime time television anymore without seeing "HDTV" plastered all over the place. I know PLENTY of people who won't subscribe to the HD pack because of the complete lack of programming...

YES , we are most certainly still in the EARLY adoption phase, and that is what is so disappointing. The NAB and affiliates need to get off the arses and stop fighting DBS on carriage rules/restrictions, as well as to get some ACCURATE DMA that reflect real world GRADE-A reception; stop all this GRADE-B crap and claiming zip codes just for the sake of more ad revenue. Then the DBS providers best start ramping up with the additions of HD as they become available, without PQ losses.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sportsnet New York

Season Pass and disk space question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)