What Would You do?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Slamminc11

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jan 28, 2005
I've read a lot of the posts through out the site, some positive, some negative, so I have a question for everyone. You answer your phone one day and it's Charlie Ergen on the other end and he says, "I'll let you change, fix, enhance one thing about Dish to make it better for the customer as well as the company and the shareholders!" What would your answer to him be? If you could do one thing to make Dish better for all involved, what would it be?

Hell with everyone else... I'd add WBQC to the Cincinnati locals! Maybe even WOTH just to even out the yin and the yang. :D

Or....I'd strike a deal for national distribution of these channels...yeah...

See ya
Tony

Give everyone a free MPEG-4 HD DVR that has no DVR fee and bug free that can be upgradable in the future. This would help Dish Network out as well. DirecTv is already planning on doing this (or something similar to this).

welcome to satellite guys.

good questions. i would have to tell him not to release products until they go through a testing phase to make sure they work.

don't be a stranger around here.

I would tell him to quit making his PVR's closed boxes that you have to jump though hoops to add/put in a bigger HD. The 921/942 are prime examples...only 25 hrs of HD recording capability, begs for a bigger/second HD!

Alt

Another thought!

Standardize on your hardware, quit coming out with new receivers, fix the ones you have, make them the best the can be (make em expandable for the future). The biggest complaint I see on here and elsewhere is hardware that does not work as it should. Take a look at the 921 and the 942...was the 942 really needed? If you just worked on the 921, kept it in production I have no doubt that it could/can be a great receiver. The costs of developing new recievers must be huge and even with over 10 million subs, there has to be a hit to the bottom line for development costs.

Alt

Move to a system where we can subscribe to any channels individually. I have a lot of cr*p in the package I buy. It would be enlightening to see which channels cost Dish the most to retransmit.

(and fix your horrible buggy HD receivers!).

"Charlie.. please please please... all I ask is that you discontinue legacy support, stick with one technology, and implement it fully.

TNGTony said:
Hell with everyone else... I'd add WBQC to the Cincinnati locals! Maybe even WOTH just to even out the yin and the yang. :D

Or....I'd strike a deal for national distribution of these channels...yeah...

See ya
Tony

Like Tony, I also want my local UPN. Stop using a technicality to keep must-carry-eligible KCEB off!

If they discontinued legacy support then everyone with their older receivers and dishes would not be able to use them anymore and would probably be made to foot the bill to upgrade along with those that made the Poor Man's Superdish that would not be able to use them anymore if they found a way to quit making them work. Legacy support is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts