What would you pay for the Hopper ( Dish's new Multi room DVR) ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thank you for your understanding. I only hope that DISH is reading this and thinking twice about gouging us again, with the release of the fees for the new hopper system.
Dish isn't gouging anyone, and they won't be no matter what the fee structure is. There are other viable and easily obtained choices for almost everyone. If someone stays with Dish it can only be because at some level they think it is worth the price.

Dish isn't gouging anyone, and they won't be no matter what the fee structure is. There are other viable and easily obtained choices for almost everyone. If someone stays with Dish it can only be because at some level they think it is worth the price.

That's your opinion and I have mine. I am simply trying to give DISH something to think about in the long term that would both retain current customers and attract new ones by offering the Hopper /Joey system at a price that is both competitive and attractive . If they go the route they did two years ago in offering the gigantic Additional Receiver fees at $17.00 a pop for dual tuner dvrs, then they will once again put short term profits over long term strategy of growing the sub base.

That's your opinion and I have mine. I am simply trying to give DISH something to think about in the long term that would both retain current customers and attract new ones by offering the Hopper /Joey system at a price that is both competitive and attractive . If they go the route they did two years ago in offering the gigantic Additional Receiver fees at $17.00 a pop for dual tuner dvrs, then they will once again put short term profits over long term strategy of growing the sub base.

I don't really care about Dish's long vs short term goals. Other than the minor inconvenience it will cause me to switch, I dont care if they price themselves out of business. As long as they are a reasonable and competitive value for my needs they can have my business. If they no longer meet those needs I'll switch.

Anything above a single tuner with welcome pack is a purely recreational, discretionary expense. Dish can't force anyone to pay more than they feel it's worth.

Exactly. Having TV service is a luxury not a need. If you feel you need to have TV you can just have it on one TV for all to see. If you really feel you need more TVs hooked up and need a DVR and need HD on every TV then you should have to pay for it. I myself prefer to have those added luxuries and I have no problem paying for it. I prefer to spend my money on TV other than things like fancy vehicles. I choose to have an inexpensive car with no car payment so I can afford to pay more for TV. For some reason others feel they need to have a very nice car, house, boat and have 5 TVs all in HD but think it's a crime they have to pay that much for TV.

I just want to add that I am not implying that any of you are like this. I just happen to know people like this personally and it bugs the crap out of me. I'm not here to bicker with anyone, just love talking about TV!

Scherrman said:
I just want to add that I am not implying that any of you are like this. I just happen to know people like this personally and it bugs the crap out of me. I'm not here to bicker with anyone, just love talking about TV!

Nice recovery. ;):)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

LOL. I thought I better add that quick. I'm not trying to make this a big arguement.

I think we need some more concrete info so we can stop speculating so much. I'm getting pretty excited. I just got a fax from my distributor to RSVP for training on the Hopper. I'm not happy with the date though, March 26th. I don't know why we can't have training yet this month.

That's true but I usually get my questions answered on here faster. I know a ton more about the Hopper than anyone around here(at work) and thats all because of this site.

The date doesn't surprise me that much. I'm thinking the release date will be before that. I'm not sure what their reasoning is behind it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts