What?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just out of curiousity, does any of this matter, or is this just a preference to keep everything similar in NY?

The original WFOX in the FCC data base was assigned to Atlanta it was from 1972-2006 Until the FCC Added suffixes -fm -TV -am there was only one WFOX which was a FM station called the fox. Since the FCC added suffixes in 2009 most of existing station had calls It was from 2009 that the FCC recognized -TV and allow WFOX-TV to be available

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Beg to differ...
Two examples.
In NYC there is now and was back then WCBS- 880AM....WCBS- 101.1 FM and WCBS-TV 2..These exist today
Also There was WNEW-1130 AM WNEW 102.7 FM and WNEW Ch5 TV.....All at the same time.

Beg to differ...
Two examples.
In NYC there is now and was back then WCBS- 880AM....WCBS- 101.1 FM and WCBS-TV 2..These exist today
Also There was WNEW-1130 AM WNEW 102.7 FM and WNEW Ch5 TV.....All at the same time.
Again Check the internet You are talking about metro media which followed the DuMont bankruptcy

Again Check the internet You are talking about metro media which followed the DuMont bankruptcy
You can also look up the Fox Media Center and review the history on that building Fox Media center was the DuMont TV studios

Just out of curiousity, does any of this matter, or is this just a preference to keep everything similar in NY?
The OP is questioning why Fox never got the WFOX calls for NY and KFOX for LA. The way you have ABC O&O WABC, KABC NBC O&O WNBC, KNBC, and CBS O&O WCBS, KCBS.

I understood that part, and I'm not bashing the conversation. I'm just wondering if it makes any difference to anything at all. Or is it just questioning why?

I understood that part, and I'm not bashing the conversation. I'm just wondering if it makes any difference to anything at all. Or is it just questioning why?
The straight out answer is they were not available at the time the station was bought out. They belonged to a FM station in Atlanta

Yes your are correct but they are required to carry the prefix -FM and the Jacksonville TV station is required to use the prefix -TV please see my previous post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)