Whats a guy to do?!?!

Should I Stay or Should I go!?!?!

• Stay home take care of the wife

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Leave the whiny prego woman and go to Vegas!

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

boston area dtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2005
Boston
Ok here we go I have a problem and since this site is mostly guys, Im looking for some feedback.

The deal is this. My wife is about 10 wks prego. Morning sickness is running wild. Puking, just overall sick. And shes not too pleasant to be around. No Im not thinking like Scott Peterson...anyway.

Every year I go to Vegas to party and watch the Super Bowl. Im supposed to leave tomorrow and stay at the NY NY.

Today she gives me the old she doesnt want to go but honey you should go deal.

Mind you my brothers going and his wife. A couple other friends and their wives. And while I thought at first I hit the jackpot...I know Im gonna hear about it forever. So do I stay or do I go?

No matter what you do its a no win situation, if you go she will tell you everything is ok, but when you come back she will tell you how you should have stayed.

If you don't go your friends are going to razz you and tell you you missed the time of your life.

Damn I feel like Dr Phil now.

is this your first child? if so, you might want to stay home

if not, screw it...she has Lifetime back so she can watch that while you are in vegas :D

Just GO! She will be too busy puking and telling all her friends about how you left her to actually miss you.

Im debating on whether or not Im going to Vegas this weekend myself.

I appreciate the feedback...but. Im staying. So if anyone wants to come over and watch the Super Bowl in HD on the 50" Sony SXRD and youre in the Boston Area let me know.

As for now I have to go answer the 50-60 emails from family and friends telling me what a faggot I am! (and yes thats a quote from a message from my brothers blackberry. other excerpts include things like my dog has more balls than you and he doesnt have any...and from now on we are calling you by her maiden name)

Thanks for the help guys...by the way I originally voted to go..so since I switched my vote I guess we can say that Satellite Guys not only helps me make my Satellite and TV decisions but..sniff sniff..you guys help me make life decisions...I love you guys :up

Anyone who says anything but Stay with the wife, is probably not married, divorced or about to be. Staying is the right thing to do. A football game is just that .... a "game". This ranks right up there with "Honey you don't have to buy me a anything for Valentine's Day" If you don't your name is mud, even though she told you not to.

Ok You may not want a female reply but I will give it to you anyway.
Only you know your wife. She isn't near her due date. There isn't one thing you can do for her morning sickness. It is a yearly tradition for you and you are going with family. I would want my husband to go and enjoy himself while I just stay home in bed and watch mind numbing movies ... um informative movies.... on Lifetime :) Lord I will give away what an old broad I am but I have been married for 36 years

id go,but, hell im divorced and i have custody!!

some advice, wives come and go, best friends and superbowls are for life!!;)

one thing though, do the right thing , pack your own bags!!!!

just kidding, only you know the answer. and only you know your wife. if she really doesnt want you to miss it, go, and call home often.

then a couple of months after the baby checks in, YOU stay home all day saturday and send her to an all day spa pampering.....cost $200-$300 and it will ERASE the memory of you going;)

Last edited:
FWIW, I believe you made the right decision in staying home. I hate to disagree with the only woman chiming in on this discussion, but... How long has the OP been married? There is a huge difference between a 36 year old marriage and a young one. Absolutely no offense intended towards SatelliteGAL here but my guess is that it has been a long time since she has been pregnant, if she ever has been, given the 36 yrs of marital experience she has:) . Your wife is pregnant now and this experience is probably pretty big in her/your life now - dare I say it, even bigger than the Superbowl. However, I'm just a guy (married a little over 16 years and never been pregnant) and as SatGal says, you know your wife best.

LOL My one and only child will be 18 in 1 month so not as long as you might think and in our case it was very huge. But it really is something that varies from wife to wife and since he decided to stay home he must believe it is the right thing to do. I applaud him for doing so.

OK here was my thinking...had she been just pregnant with basic morning sickness ..I would have gone. Had she just been home sick and not prego..I would have gone. But with her sick and crying and prego..I just couldnt go.

I went over it a million times in my head and she told me to go..actually cried and said she was so sorry that she even made me consider staying.

I just couldnt go and end up enjoy myself

Dont worry my family and friends will be there for me ..hell they sure do show up every Sunday to watch the ST in HD on the big screen while I have an indoor tailgate party for em. So this weekend they can watch the game without me...ok so now the issue is this..Mom is home alone, Dad passed away 7 years ago, the rest of the family is in Vegas..do I go to my friends for to watch the game or do I invite Mom over...just kidding Moms already coming over! Thanks guys..and GALS you are good people..and like I said before if youre in the Boston area on Sunday and need a place to watch the game come on over.

Depending on your wifes psychological make up, _not_ going after she said you _could_ go, might cause her to have feelings of guilt, which often can manifest itself later as misdirected emotions.

yet if you _do_ go, you will feel guilty yourself.

I guess you have to decide to go to Vegas and assume the guilt, or not go, and let her assume the guilt.

There could be resentment either way, at least if you go, you had a good trip!

Good luck either way!

Last edited:
Dude,
Once she "calfs out" you're not going anywhere. This was your last chance. I know, I used to go to Reno every year, haven't been there without her in 6 years.

It's over man.

I taged along when my wife was sent to Hawaii for a 2 week Air Force Reserve Deployment. I planned a day trip to Kauai for the 2 of us, but at the last miniute, a duty change prevented her from going. She told me to go ahead and go alone. Yeah, right!! Besides the guilt, there was no way I was gonna hear "remember when you......." for the rest of my life!!--Ray

Last edited:
I am a very firm believer that morning sickness is 90% a product of the mind, we have had 4 and my wife NEVER had this problem. AND she's only 10weeks along; so why doesn't she want to go? because she can't drink, smoke or party? She really should go and allow you to do the usual while taking care of her THERE. BUT anyway, especially since its your 1st child, suck it up, skip the trip and be a man, husband and father and take care of your partner; it will pay in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)