whats a nice c-band receiver w/a good look epg guide?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rusty813

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Hawaii
I am currently with dish and have the hopper, I was wondering if c-band has something similar to the hopper with a nice epg guide?

There are plenty of receivers with good epg's, unfortunately I don't know of any c band channel that supplies information to that guide. Most folks use either titantv.com or zap2it.com on there pc. Both can be customized to include most c band channels.

Rusty - Unfortunately Waylew is right. This problem isn't being caused by the receivers, the providers aren't including an EPG in the stream. Most of the channels
have websites where you can view or download their program guides. You can look up channels you like by satellite on http://www.lyngsat.com. In most cases, you'll
find a link there to the channels website.

However, the signals and pictures from C Band are studio quality; and they all use it to rebroadcast the pics and added guide info on Dish or any other system. FTA receivers with guide software (i like the Glorystar hdvr1200) will show some channels do broadcast a guide; for their channel only. I see guide on very few; but there are some. And the HDVR1200 also has internet software; satellite update of firmware; and recording sotware using usb; and pause, rew, ff just likened the hoppopper!!!!

I am currently with dish and have the hopper, I was wondering if c-band has something similar to the hopper with a nice epg guide?

rusty you might want to check your "i'm mad that aad isnt in business anymore and now i cant see ny station in hawaii" thread when you said about the denver stations on c-band.

I'll save ya the headache. they are not on c-band anymore. havent been for a few years

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)