What's First Step For 921

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AJF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
Okay, my 921 should be here on Thurs. I installed a new switch and ran more cable for the extra input. I'm going to postpone using the OTA section until they get the bugs worked out.

After opening the box in utter amazement that I spent $1000 bucks on this thing, what's the very next thing(s) I should do ?

AJF said:
After opening the box in utter amazement that I spent $1000 bucks on this thing, what's the very next thing(s) I should do ?

Get a large bottle of aspirin. ;)

Hey, look at that.
Two helpful fellow members have already posted some valuable information. Thanks guys !

That's why I come to this forum; the jokes.

Thanks pweezil.

I must have read just about every thread on the 921, but of course it doesn't sink in until it's time to set your own up. I am also leary about reading older threads because sometimes the recommended procedures change.

As an example, on one of the earlier DVR threads someone was advised to reboot by holding down the power button for I think 15 seconds. But, that turned out to be a good way to ruin the hard disk because it keeps cycling on and off.

AJF,

Here's what I did:

1. hookup both dish coax connectors
2. plug in 921
3. wait an hour for downloads
4. call Dish and set up programming

That's all there was, although I may have called Dish before I waited for initial downloads. I don't remember exactly.

One other thing - don't worry about the locals. I use mine all the time, and they work fine for me. True, I have to re-scan every day, but that's no big deal. I just start the scan when I get home from work while I'm changing out of my work clothes.

Thanks bradleys.
What do you mean by re-scanning the locals? Are you talking about OTA locals ?

Yes, the OTA locals.

One advantage to living in downtown Seattle is that most of the transmitters are within five miles of me. They all have signal strengths of 120 or higher.

The re-scan is required by a recent fix which solves some other problem, which I don't recall. There's more on the board somewhere, but that's all I needed to know to get my OTA locals working.

bradleys said:
AJF,

Here's what I did:

1. hookup both dish coax connectors
2. plug in 921
3. wait an hour for downloads
4. call Dish and set up programming

Don't forget about the 'check switch' between items 2 and 3.

Thanks for the help guys. I installed it without any problems. So far so good .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)