What's going on with all the errors in the EPG?

Are your hard drives powered from the USB? Dish receivers don't provide enough power for that. Drives must have own power supply or use a powered USB hub to connect to receiver.

Are your hard drives powered from the USB? Dish receivers don't provide enough power for that. Drives must have own power supply or use a powered USB hub to connect to receiver.

This is a WD 400 gb drive with it's own power source. It had been working flawlessly since I activated it several months ago. It was working just before I Unplugged the 211 to fix the epg problems. I even tried hooking up an old 124 gb hd to see if the 211 would see it and try to reformat it. It didn't.

When you see guide issues, compare Dish's guide with zap2it.com. That's Tribune's "customer" side guide data. If it's wrong there too, it's not something Dish can resolve.

When you see guide issues, compare Dish's guide with zap2it.com. That's Tribune's "customer" side guide data. If it's wrong there too, it's not something Dish can resolve.

It was a problem with both my receivers. Once I forced a download of the epg, the guide was correct.

Ok, here is the story on the ehd and my 211. On Wed, I reset my 211 and 722 to correct epg problems. After that, my 211 did not see my ehd. Tried multiple fixes, but nothing worked. A second WD also wasn't seen. Even tried a 2nd drive and it wasn't recognized. Got my replacement today and guess what. It didn't see the ehd either. Got up to 2nd tier support. Tried changing the usb cable and still nothing. Finally she suggested bring in my 2nd ehd for my 722 and guess what. The 211 saw it. She suggested it might be the power supply. Took my awhile to find a 2nd power supply for a WD drive. I knew I had one. And after using that power supply, it worked. So it most probably was some sort of freak electrical glitch in the power supply and had nothing to do with the 211.

FWIW, to the OP, "Seat Swap" was screwed up every time listed on Speed the day of the event...and showed up that way on all my receivers. I'm a Stewart fan and was looking forward to watching it. First time it showed, it only recorded the 30 minutes as it was shown in guide. The guide showed it again overnight, but still only 30 minutes. I set it up to record and extend 30 minutes to hopefully get it all that time, but even though it was set to 1st priority, the timer didn't record it at all that time. :(

Anyways...Speed is showing it again on Friday 6/24 @ Noon, and the guide shows it being a full hour this time. Maybe it will actually record this time.

I was also having problems with Versus and The Tour de Sussie. The timers were off by 30 minutes. Doing the reset got them back to the correct times.

Thanks on the heads up.

Ok, here is the story on the ehd and my 211. On Wed, I reset my 211 and 722 to correct epg problems. After that, my 211 did not see my ehd. Tried multiple fixes, but nothing worked. A second WD also wasn't seen. Even tried a 2nd drive and it wasn't recognized. Got my replacement today and guess what. It didn't see the ehd either. Got up to 2nd tier support. Tried changing the usb cable and still nothing. Finally she suggested bring in my 2nd ehd for my 722 and guess what. The 211 saw it. She suggested it might be the power supply. Took my awhile to find a 2nd power supply for a WD drive. I knew I had one. And after using that power supply, it worked. So it most probably was some sort of freak electrical glitch in the power supply and had nothing to do with the 211.

Bizarre, but I'm glad it was the cheapest part to replace.....

Power supply most likely has a bad cap. I've had that happen before. Switched power supplies and worked for a while then cheap caps went out in 2nd supply and I got a different brand power supply and hooked it up. Well the nasty stuff that came out of the supply ruined the HDD enclosure electronics. I now have a HDD docking station w/a better supply that has a better connector to the docking station.

When you get the replacement, let me know if you have any problems with the EHD.

Well, if you read my posts, it wasn't the ehd or the 211. Something in the WD power supply went bad. Hd powered up but the 211 couldn't see it. I spoke with a level 2 named Katilyn. After trying everything she suggest hooking up a total different ehd(1 that worked with my 722). The 211 immediately saw it. She thought it might be the power supply for my WD HD. Took me a while to find another one and as soon as I switched, the ehd was seen. Problem solved. If you can access the record of my call, can you let her know that she was right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts