What's going on with Dish's payment processor?

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Past 3 bills I've paid on time. They have taken so long to collect my authorization from my debit card, it falls off the account, and gets put back on.

Last bill I paid the day it was due, it was almost 1 week before they actually collected the authorization.

Its not uncommon for a charge to be on a debit card for 2 days, drop off, then show back up when it hits after a few days. COuld be your debit card company or dish changed something. It hits my "credit card" like clockwork.

If you make the payment on a specific date, the company you are paying (cell phone, landline, internet, cable, utility, car payment, insurance, etc) assumes you have money to pay for it. They hold the account for that amount then they do get around to actually posting it to your account

If they process it the next day or a week later its a moot point as they already have that much of your money held the day you authorized them to take it

(I know Centurylink formerly Qwest does the same thing.....authorize it on one day actually runs it a few days later)

As long your Dish account says $0.00 balance after you pay with your debit card, it doesn't matter when they (Dish) requests the funds from your banking institution. I generally pay two days early with a debit card and the same thing happens to my credit union account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts