Not open for further replies.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Scott, has Dish cut back on Dirt staff/hours? Or is it they are spread out elsewhere too much? Seems they have been very infrequent in the last few weeks. Hesitant to recommend because of so. Many folks have had to wait fairly long times for response.

We are still here even though we may not be logged in. Sending us a PM is the best way to get our attention. We do monitor our Facebook, Twitter and forum as well. The users here are very good at helping each other. We are always available to help. Our schedules have been added to the Note About the Dirt team thread (http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/a-note-about-the-dirt-team.272906/).

For those who don't know, that list should be amended to say/instruct....member@Dish Network. They don't need to know when you are logged in.

Reactions: rodder
I might be misunderstanding, or missing another avenue to PM, but if not logged in doesn't that make it harder to PM someone? You would need to look at that list to see who to PM first, (if that person is indeed working) then find a post by them to get their PM address unless you have a PM to them before.

I might be misunderstanding, or missing another avenue to PM, but if not logged in doesn't that make it harder to PM someone? You would need to look at that list to see who to PM first, (if that person is indeed working) then find a post by them to get their PM address unless you have a PM to them before.

Sometimes it is hard to check every thread when we are busy on all sites that we monitor, so a paging DIRT thread might be missed. We suggest a PM because we will see the pop up in Outlook since we receive an email for every PM received.

That's why I said that list should actually have their address or at least instruct to do...member@dish Network. You watching, dfergie? But then again, I don't think many even think about checking the sticky.

Sometimes it is hard to check every thread when we are busy on all sites that we monitor, so a paging DIRT thread might be missed. We suggest a PM because we will see the pop up in Outlook since we receive an email for every PM received.

Totally agree! But what myself and KAB are saying if you are not logged in, how does one PM you if they don't have your PM address? Adding that instruction that all your addresses in that list are (dirt member name)@dishnetwork would help newer members. It's not as good as simply being logged in and clicking on the DIRT name, because especially newer members probably won't know about that sticky and list, but it would work.

Reactions: old corps and KAB
You probably don't want to simply PM a DIRT member that you've PM'd before. They could have just left on vacation for two weeks.... or simply be off for the next 2-3 days....

Reactions: rodder and Tampa8
My final thought on this Zach, et al, if you don't log on, you are not on duty HERE, sticky list aside. What's the point in telling people to look for you in RED in the Helpers column?

Reactions: rodder and Tampa8
My final thought on this Zach, et al, if you don't log on, you are not on duty HERE, sticky list aside. What's the point in telling people to look for you in RED in the Helpers column?

We do understand your concern, and going forward we will make sure someone is logged in during our normal business hours of 6am - 10pm mountain time. Also, to let you know, all public posts on the DISH forum we do receive into our tool we use for other platforms we moniter. However there is a time delay, so a PM is the quickest way to receive assistance.

OK, I must be missing it somewhere. I can never find where to look to see if a member of Dirt is online. At the bottom of this thread, I see 'Users Who Have Read This Thread' have ZachS & RandallW, but that doesn't mean they're online.

If I back out of this thread and am just looking in the 'Dish' forum (where I would expect them to be listed), I don't see anyone listed in red (although at the time I'm typing this, I know ZachS is online because he has the little green triangle on his avatar). I do see 'Helpers Online Right Now', but no Dirt Members.

If I back out of the Dish forum, I can see 'Members on Right Now', but Dirt members aren't highlighted in red (I see andreab@dish network, but it's not highlighted and I missed it the first time I looked through the list because I was looking for a red font).

So, what IS the best way to see what Dirt members are online?

It is strange... if you look at the main homepage, it is displaying them online there... but not on the main forum listing page.

It is strange because both use the same code, so they should be listed on both.

Still working on it... and I also have another idea as well. :D

We do understand your concern, and going forward we will make sure someone is logged in during our normal business hours of 6am - 10pm mountain time. Also, to let you know, all public posts on the DISH forum we do receive into our tool we use for other platforms we moniter. However there is a time delay, so a PM is the quickest way to receive assistance.

That is very much appreciated. DIRT is a valuable asset not taken for granted, that's why KAB and others realized they didn't see DIRT online sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)