Whats happening to VOD

garlandtxuser

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Garland, Texas
I am getting a little pissed here.

1) Why no HD content on VOD?
2) Why do catagories appear with no content (Star Wars for a long time)?
3) Why do series programs appear and then disappear? I was watching The Wire and now the epsiodes appeare to be gone.
4) Why do series start halfway into a season or not include the earlier seasons? Again, The Wire started at episode 39, missing season 1 and 2 completely.

Really Verizon, disk space is cheap and your rates are not. Lets get with the program and offer at least as much VOD as Dish and others do.

I am getting a little pissed here.

1) Why no HD content on VOD?
2) Why do catagories appear with no content (Star Wars for a long time)?
3) Why do series programs appear and then disappear? I was watching The Wire and now the epsiodes appeare to be gone.
4) Why do series start halfway into a season or not include the earlier seasons? Again, The Wire started at episode 39, missing season 1 and 2 completely.

Really Verizon, disk space is cheap and your rates are not. Lets get with the program and offer at least as much VOD as Dish and others do.

Who controls what is avialble? I thought the networks did. I know the titles under Starz, Showtime and The Movie Channel are always the same ones that are listed for OnDemand on the websites for those channels.
Starz: http://www.starz.com/appmanager/seg/s?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=on_demand
Showtime: http://www.sho.com/site/schedules/od.do?source=shocom_nav
TMC: http://www.sho.com/site/tmc/on_demand/home.do

I really don't understand all the complaining. Of course there are going to be bugs to work out with every new product that is launched. I am happy to have FIOS so I dont have to deal with the crap from D* or E* or Cable anymore. Plus the picture quality outdoes them all (IMO). I can put up with a few bugs until they get them corrected. And my package price is a hell of a lot cheaper that what I paid with D* and I am getting locals in HD without having to complain about it. I guess some people are never satisfied?? :confused:

I really don't understand all the complaining. Of course there are going to be bugs to work out with every new product that is launched. I am happy to have FIOS so I dont have to deal with the crap from D* or E* or Cable anymore. Plus the picture quality outdoes them all (IMO). I can put up with a few bugs until they get them corrected. And my package price is a hell of a lot cheaper that what I paid with D* and I am getting locals in HD without having to complain about it. I guess some people are never satisfied?? :confused:

Kev, when does it stop being new? 1 year, 2 years, 10 years. If no one complains then obviously there are no problems, correct? I have stated on numerous occasions that I basically enjoy the service. With the new price increases the service will actually be dead even with the competition. Should you decide to 'upgrade' your account in the future you will find this out very quickly.

The network controls the content not the cable provider... and most of the On-demand channels will tell you how long a program is left on for isntance goto the show click on it to bring up more info it should tell you the date it will be removed.. As far as series go, the wire has been on for what 50+ episodes? So they cant have 1 through 50 on so they had say 1-15 on then 16-30 then ya know so on, they removed current ones next they will be a new group of them on. you can also visit the on-demand website to find out whats on what and whats coming on next and so fourth.

Not sure on FiOS but Brighthouse Has HD-Ondemand.. for special HD Movies... id like to seem them get showtimeHD ondemand / so on for all the channels.

I've been very happy with FiOS. If I weren't I'd go back to DirecTV and take the free portable DVD player and other rewards they offered us to come back. It's just that there are things about FiOS I wish were better.

I suspect there are people from Verizon reading these forums, even if they don't post. So maybe they'll listen and try to resolve some of the issues that have been brought up.

Well, I guess I'm with GarlandTexasUser on this one. I've had FIOS from the start and was quite forgiving with the various bugs, but come on already- there are a lot of issues with the DVR and service that have yet to be worked out, and on and on. And dealing with Verizon if you stop their phone service- you don't want to know the headaches I've had with them for six months.

On the flip side there were always issues with DirecTV and Dish, and who wants to deal with a cable monopoly? As I tell my wife, and myself, no one has it down pat and probably never will. I still with Verizon would fix audio drops, pixelation on HD recordings, revamp the screen, etc. etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)