What's my options--have two 622 & 942

drjdan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Dallas, TX
I currenly have two leased 622 and one owned 942 all connected to separate HDTV's. Now that Dish has very little MPEG2 HD available on 942, I need it replaced. I don't do a lot of recording on the 942, but do like the pause live TV feature as it is in my office and need to pause sometimes to take a call, etc.

Questions:

1. Will Dish take as a swap for a 722?

2. Will Dish lease me a 722 to replace it and I could sell 942? Much market for used 942?

3. Will Dish lease me a 222 or 211 that I could use an ext hard drive for DVR (when avilable this summer)? Is hard drive going to work with 222 or 221?

4. Other suggests

My owned 942 just stopped working last week. Would not hold a signal. They replaced it with a 622. I do however have the protection plan currently. It did take two service calls before they replaced it.

with dish you can only lease a total of 4 tuners ... so if you have two leased 622's now you will not be able to lease another dual tuner at all or even a single tuner since you already have the limit of the 4 tuners now

I'd wait a month or so before deciding. The battle royal between Dish and Tivo is coming to a climax in that time frame and your 942 is grandfathered in as a non combatant. Never can tell what the judge will do until he does it.

My understanding is that the only 942's effected are ones that Dish has in their inventory--not ones owned and in use by subscribers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts