What's new in Directv installation?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Meatbag

Original poster
Mar 3, 2016
East Tennessee
Hi fellow techs, I was a Directv installer from 2004 to 2012. A retailer friend of mine is needing a handful of jobs done. I've been out of the game for several years now, so I'm wondering what, if anything, has changed in the installation process. When I left, we were installing SL-3 an SL-5 SWM systems and they had just introduced the Genie. Also was using a Birdog USB to point. I've always worked for LSP retailers, so we always just called from site to activate receivers. Anything change on that process? Any information on what's new on the installation process would be greatly appreciated!

:welcome to Satelliteguys Meatbag!

I'm not an installer, but I don't think too much has changed. Swm is the only new install now. There are newer lnbs on the market, but the install is the same on those, too. One of the installers here will likely post soon to give you any more updates.

Better to move this into installers zone, that being said the job is mostly the same. You really need an aim to make your life easier. Dishes are easier to put together. Still swm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)