What's Next for Xbox One's TV Functionality

DustoMan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 9, 2010
Sparta, Wisconsin, United States
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they're continually working on it, one of the TV guys participates in the community at Operationsports and has been answering all the questions that he's allowed to.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Cool. Can't wait to be able to watch stuff on my tablet while playing games. I know you can snap the TV on the side of the TV screen, but it is just too small.

You can stream stuff from your cable box to your smart device while playing a game? Interesting feature but seems rather limited in use. I mean you're not going to have on The Walking Dead while you're playing a game because you need to focus on one or the other. Probably be best for sporting events to use like a radio. Well that or if someone wants to watch TV while you're using the One, sort of a reverse function to how the Wii U Tablet screen works.

I have snapped MLB.tv over to the side while playing Titanfall a couple times already. I wouldn't do that for a game where I am trying to immerse myself in the game world or story like inFamous. It works pretty well for something like Titanfall though. Like yourbeliefs said, I wouldn't want to play a game while I'm watching The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones either.

I'm a huge fantasy baseball and, to a lesser extent, fantasy football nerd though. I really like being able to snap MLB.tv over to the side so I can keep track of a game with fantasy relevance while I play some multiplayer. I'll do it for games when I have a starting pitcher on my roster playing that night. That 90 second countdown between Titanfall matches is a perfect opportunity to see what's happening in the baseball game. Tigers games get my full attention on the big screen though.

I haven't tried any of the new smartglass stuff because the beta isn't available on iPad. It's probably unnecessary for me because MLB.tv already has a great iPad app. I have been putting MLB games on the iPad while I play a video game for years now.

You can snap the TV app and have something playing up in the upper right. Also during the Super Bowl, I had their NFL app snapped to the side while having the TV app on taking up two thirds on the left. It works both ways. Though the NFL app was a play behind when I had the live stats up. No, I'm not going to have The Walking Dead up in the corner, but maybe live news coverage or other sporting events I certainly would.

I already submitted feedback, the colored buttons on the Cable soft remote don't work with the Hopper.

I for one love the new beta app. Don't know the differences between the platforms but on windows its a big improvement with the one guide addition. Liking the new remote part in that too.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts