What's next in HD for E*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rangers484

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 21, 2007
Palmyra, Virginia, United States
It looks like we know what the D* lineup will be and what HD channels they will be broadcasting by the 19th.

When are we going to hear what E* has in mind to counter this and to retain the HD lead.

I can wait for the channels to arrive if I know what they are going to be.

Come on, the month is 1/2 over already...

Last edited:
That's what I'm wondering.

The D* HD 100 list (on their website) looks very impressive.

I can't imagine going to D* (love my 622 and Voom, only 9 months into my 18 months, and don't really love D*s receivers), so hoping that E* somehow has the capacity for the 30 or so Nationals (and Movie Premiums) E* is not already carrying that D* says are launching by the end of the year.

By my rough count, E* already carries 29 of the channels on D*'s HD page (DIRECTV: DIRECTV - HD Programming). But D* lists Vs. and Golf separately, so we can bring that down to 28. D* also lists ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC, so bring the number down to 24 and when you add the 15 Vooms, we're at the 39 number E* says they have.

By my next count there are 31 channels on D*'s web page that E* isn't carrying that D* says they'll have by the end of the year (many of which don't appear to exist yet).

Sure hope E* has figured out a way to carry these, and close to the time that D* launches em.

TBS HD and CNN HD look to be the channels most likely that E* will be bringing by the end of the month. I am still not sold on the list of D* channels. Until i see that they are all up I will be impresed. Some channels listed are not broadcasting in HD.

TBS HD and CNN HD look to be the channels most likely that E* will be bringing by the end of the month. I am still not sold on the list of D* channels. Until i see that they are all up I will be impresed. Some channels listed are not broadcasting in HD.
Check back Wednesday. I'm sure we'll all let you know.There already 13 Transponders lit up on the D10 Satellite.

D* is using creative math(lying) as usual, these share 1 HD channel at all times.

That is just E*'s way of saving space isn't it?
I think both channels exist seperatly, but E* is looping them together to save space.
Otherwise if you look at the uplink site, you would be able to click on the channel link like all of the other channels on the satellite.

Notice that Allmost all of the other "Channel Names" are clickable that takes you to that channels web site..

EKB: Dish Network Channels at 129°
Golf/Versus HD VS/GF 9468 19 129° E*5 AT250+HD (6*) (DD)

I made an image of all the channels D* has listed on their site and in the leaked information packets that E* doesn't have yet. I put months so we know when the channels are going to be available.

Cmon Dish, we want these channels too!

Attachments

• channels.bmp
    988.8 KB · Views: 491
How many of those will actually be HD when they are "launched"? I'm guessing not that many, as D* will put them up as placeholders until the real HD channel launches in the next year.

They can have 100 free transponders, and if the channels are not broadcasting yet, D* cannot add them.

However, they can print their names on pieces of paper however much they want.

Versus/Golf-HD is one channel as uplinked to E* by the distributor and will be one channel on D* as well.

It looks like we are going to have thousands and thousands of Bullsh!t posts on satellite Forums this week. :rolleyes:

They can have 100 free transponders, and if the channels are not broadcasting yet, D* cannot add them.

Versus/Golf-HD is one channel as uplinked to E* by the distributor and will be one channel on D* as well.

It looks like we are going to have thousands and thousands of Bullsh!t posts on satellite Forums this week. :rolleyes:
Wheres proof that they aren't broadcast in HD yet.?

Exactly ,if this is the launched list then they must be. Maybe D* will be the first Company to release the networks new HD programming.Being as they are one of the Largest Tv providers,I'd say that would give them networks a great HD welcome.

Last edited:

If YOU make the statement, the burden of proof falls on YOU
, not on those who question your statement.

Nannner, Nanner doesn't cut it.

kstuart, i know what you are saying and fully agree with you on this matter!

The only new HD in the air according to lyngsat is 4 starz channels on galaxy 13.

Exactly ,if this is the launched list then they must be. Maybe D* will be the first Company to release the networks new HD programming.Being as they are the Largest Tv provider,I'd say that would give them networks a great HD welcome.

For the record, D* isn't the largest TV Provder, Comcast is.

NightRyder

NO ONE here knows for sure what will or what won't light up in the near future. Why doesn't everyone just wait and see what happens instead of getting your panties in an uproar? Arguing based on fact instead of speculation makes your position more believable anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts