Whats possible to pick up from Grenada

Status
Please reply by conversation.

swimwivsquid

Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Hi Guys'

I reside in England and my wife and have just bought a place in Grenada WI.

Satellite tv doesn't seem to be readily available there and I wondered if we could receive sat tv from the USA that far south. If so is there any way to get a legit subscription outside of the US. In England we have Sky but I also pick up free to air services on the hotbird & astra sats and cards are available for foreign packages. Are their any dealers in the eastern Caribbean area that you could point me to or do you guys export out there.

Regards

Swimwivsquid :)

I am sure you will pick up a load of FTA satellite from the W.I. but you will need as large a dish as possible, There will be satellite dealers and installers there who will be able to point you in the right direction, as for being able to sign up with say DirecTV, BSKYB's new addition to its world wide satellite empire, I think you may be out of luck. There is also not as much FTA TV here in the USA, as there is over Europe, I miss my old Hotbird and Astra days, I come from the UK and thats how I got started in satellite back home : )

swimwivsquid said:
have just bought a place in Grenada WI.

Berg's udder stupidity just set in

I thought you meant Grenada, Wisconsin (WI is the state code for Wisconsin)

:)

Thanks for the reply Pete. I guess I will continue searching the Caribbean area for installers. The only one I have found so far is in Trinidad but their website hasn't been updated for over a year and they don't respond to any email so I assume they are out of business. Anyone got any links to any relevant websites?
Pete would the digital equipment that we use in Europe work (not Sky) as Grenada uses the same 240/250v power supply?
PS Berg It shows my ignorance that I didn't realise Wisconsin was WI when I posted. :)

Thanks guys.

Swimwivsquid

I think a satellite system brought from the UK would work, as long the voltage is the same, thats my one big regret that I never brought my own Pace receiver with me when I moved here to the USA, it had surround sound and 4 internal 20watt amps, it was a great analog box.

Yes I had one of those. It was my first forray into Home cinema. Use an echostar digital receiver now with dual arrangement on astra & hotbird.

regards & thanks for the reply.

swimwivsquid

Status
Please reply by conversation.