What's the best dessert you've ever made?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
I'm sure many of you guys are masters of creating fine dessert creations.

What do you consider your finest creation?

It can include ice cream or anything that's sweet.

My masterpiece is what I like to call "The Chocolate Bomb."

It is a creation, however, that is extremely rare. I have only created it three times due to the amount of ingredients needed.

It consists of:

Three scoops of Chocolate Caramel Caribou Ice Cream (Denali Flavors)

Three scoops of Chocolate Mosse Tracks Ice Cream (Denali Flavors)

Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Morsels
semisweet_u.gif

Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
pf_bakingpieces_semisweet.gif

Hershey's Hot Fudge
top_fullprod_hotfudge.jpg

Hershey's Syrup
img_6105.jpg

ReddiWip Whipped Cream (If you're really in the mood, try the chocolate version!)

Lastly- chocolate-covered cherries

Fresh gooseberry pie in made from scratch crust. The berries must be picked prior to turing purple to preserve the tartness and it is sacrilege to cut that tartness by the addition of too much sugar. Topped with a quality vanilla ice cream.

For those unfamiliar, gooseberries are a thorny bush fond of disturbed areas in timber. Picking them tends to get one scratched up and often results in contact with poison ivy or chiggers (I just picked enough berries yesterday for about two pies). After picking you have to destem and take off the beard on the bottom of each berry.

Domestic varieties, like the berries pictured, are available, and are good, but nothing beats wild. Wild berries are usually much smaller than domestic.

Attachments

• thorn.jpg
    thorn.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 233
  • berry.jpg
    berry.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
My whole family loves my brownies, but I only use the Pillsbury box kind. But nobody can get them perfect like I can. They always ask me to make them for birthdays and holidays, that's one of the things I have to make.

Not much of a dessert guy, but I have made a grilled peach cobbler with vanilla ice-cream before. Grilling the peaches caramelize the sugars on the fruit and provide a nice smokey flavoring. It was a big hit when I made it. (Mouse over the desserts for the recipe).

The wife tends to bake more than myself. She made a Walnut Praline Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving that was out of this world.

The wife also made a Stawberry Cake that was to die for recently. I think I posted a pic a while back, but can't find it. If anyone wants the picture or recipe, I'll try and dig it up later...

I used to make something called Banana Split Cake. Lot's of different recipes on the net, but I think the linked one is what I did. It'll just about crack your teeth, so I haven't made it in many years.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll add it to the menu for the Fourth.

Not much of a dessert guy here either, but I have made my own "snake pit" ice cream a couple of times. The name comes from one designation for "everything on hand". I'd toss in various combinations of fruits, nuts, and candies. Anything made with Heath bars is a perennial favorite.

Another is what I called "Gloppo Pie" (also known by other names). Essentially its canned fruit (cherries preferred here) dumped into a greased pan, covered by a layer of raw cake mix (white or yellow for me) and drizzled with butter before baking in the oven until slightly browned on top. Works great in a Dutch oven as well...

I'm not into sweets, but I try to make apple crisp every fall. I serve it warm and top it with real whipped cream.

Sabres, that concoction you've made makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it. Wow. :) Thats more chocolate than I eat in a year!!

I used my kids ice cream maker to make a white wine italian ice. THat was really good...I hear a mulled red wine sorbet is pretty good. May try that too...

Not much of a dessert guy, but I have made a grilled peach cobbler with vanilla ice-cream before. Grilling the peaches caramelize the sugars on the fruit and provide a nice smokey flavoring. It was a big hit when I made it. (Mouse over the desserts for the recipe).

The wife tends to bake more than myself. She made a Walnut Praline Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving that was out of this world.

The wife also made a Stawberry Cake that was to die for recently. I think I posted a pic a while back, but can't find it. If anyone wants the picture or recipe, I'll try and dig it up later...

Here's the pics of that Strawberry Cake I was talking about...

Attachments

• CIMG2102.JPG
    CIMG2102.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 243
  • CIMG2103.JPG
    CIMG2103.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 259
Never met the lady. Maybe someday, if our government ever comes to it's senses. Right- maybe never. :rolleyes:

The wifey made me a Cherry Pie for the 4th of July. (My favorite of all fruit pies).

I topped it with a few scoops of French Vanilla Ice Cream.

Holy Cow this was awesome!....

Attachments

• CIMG2177.JPG
    CIMG2177.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 282

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)