What's the best way to order Dish Network? (and which HDTV antennae should I get?)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Well, I'm finally ready to switch from Comcast to Dish Network but I'm not sure about the best way to sign-up.

Should I just sign-up through their website?

Can somebody give me a voucher so I can waive the $50 setup fee?

Also... it looks like I need an antennae to receive local channels in HD. What is a good one to get? I'd like to spend under $100 (and under $50 if possible).

Thanks for your help!

I just switched to Dish Network yesterday and used this deal:

http://www.dishretailer.com/dishstore/dishstore.htm

They are recommended on this website...ask for Claude, he knows all about this promotion and will be a great help!! As long as you sign a 18 month commitment, they waive the $50 activation but you still get $50 credited back to you (like a free $50), plus the free VIP 622, plus $20 off for 10 months if you choose an HD package, PLUS a $50 rebate from Dishstore just for signing up from them. So I got the same package Dish Network would have offered me only with an extra $100 (which helped soften the early termination fee we got from DirecTV).

Sorry, I don't know anything about the antennae, though. Hopefully someone else here can help you out....

Since the equipment is free with no contract either way, I don't see advantage of using a 3rd party. If you use for Dish for everything, there can be no finger pointing if problems occur. I remember one case here where Dish told the customer to contact the installer.

Thanks for the replies!

My zipcode is 18704 and it looks like antennaweb.com says I need a "yellow - uhf" antenna. The compas orientation for almost all channels is 186 - 189 degrees and the tower is 7.4 miles away from me.

Two channels say "violet - uhf" but the networks are ION and CW so I don't even know what they are.

(By the way, the HDTV channels are marked with a -DT on the call sign, right?)

Also, I don't want an 18-month commitment. Is it still worth it to sign-up through Dishstore or whatever?

Grendyl,

Don't bash Claude's offer without knowing the specifics of his offer AND his operation. BTW, his offer is a lot better, financially, than Dish's.

Pat

Also, I don't want an 18-month commitment. Is it still worth it to sign-up through Dishstore or whatever?

Depends...I think that Dish Network does not give you the $50 credit back for activation if you do not sign for 18 months. If you go through Dish Network, they may charge you the $50 fee and you won't get a credit back from it. I would call them directly and find out their policy on that.

If that's the case, then it's up to you. Dishstore still waives the $50 activation even without the 18 month commitment (you just won't get any credit back on your first bill), and the rebate you can get from them is now $25 instead of $50. So it's your call...weigh your options. I'd do it to save the activation fee and at least collect $25, but that's me!

Since the equipment is free with no contract either way, I don't see advantage of using a 3rd party. If you use for Dish for everything, there can be no finger pointing if problems occur. I remember one case here where Dish told the customer to contact the installer.

You get to save the activation fee and get a rebate, that's the advantage. And Claude knows what he's doing, he's helped a lot of people online with setting up their Dish, and that's the reason I went with them!

Grendyl,

Don't bash Claude's offer without knowing the specifics of his offer AND his operation. BTW, his offer is a lot better, financially, than Dish's.

Pat

I am sorry you misinterpreted my post. My comment was not aimed at Claude or anyone else specific. It was a general statement re: any 3rd party. I simply thought a different opinion might be useful.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I think I'll just go directly through Dish using the Club Dish discount (that way I'm only dealing with one company).

Does anybody have a Club Dish coupon I could use?

Just an FYI,

I signed up with dishstore.net, but I called directly to dish for support to have them come out and re-aim my dish. I'm not sure how/what dishstore.net gets for the "new" subcription but it doesn't appear to make any difference. Not sure what the other guys is talking about problmes with 3rd parties...

I'd call dishstore they are a sponsor of the website youre using... :)

Thanks for the suggestions.

I think I'll just go directly through Dish using the Club Dish discount (that way I'm only dealing with one company).

Does anybody have a Club Dish coupon I could use?

Don't know if you got one already. Here's one you can use

CDD225122758

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)