What's the best way???

Mikemcq02

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
What is the best way to take a program currently on a DVR and copy it over to a DVD? Can I just hook up my laptop that has a DVD recorder in it? Is it that simple?

Thanks!!!!

Thanks for the info. My goal is to actually tape our local news (which is mostly now in HD) and tape the local sportscasts, because my son will be playing varsity and I would like to have copies of any highlights that come on. I will have to do some research on this product. Thanks again!!!!!

I haven't done this in quite awhile but I bought one of those combo DVD / SVHS VCR units and I connected it to the SVHS analog audio outputs on my DVR. Then just played back the DVR recordings to the recorder. The video is in letterboxed format recorded on the DVD. Not HD but there was no DRM to prevent playback ( analog hole). The quality is quite good when the DVD is played back on my latest BluRay OPPO BD-83SE.

Put a TV tuner / video capture card in your PC (or similar) and run a line into the PC. Most, if not all good cards come with DVR-like software. This will place the RAW recordings on your HDD to do with as you please. I love the Hauppauge products and have great results.

Hauppauge Computer Works

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts