What's the cheapest service to get these particular stations?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
First off I guess I can live without my "moved" stations but I will keep them as long as I have Dish. If there's a reliable VPN that has the Twin Cities as an option maybe I can "move" again with a streaming plan. But I don't need my true locals with streaming since I have an antenna.

But when leaving Dish I'd like to retain these stations...

All the major news stations (and OANN and Newsmax if possible but not required)
Cartoon Network and Boomerang
Disney Channel and Disney XD

Though it would be nice have but not needed, possibly Disney Junior and Freeform.

Edit: Also need DVR functionality.

Last edited:
All the major news stations (and OANN and Newsmax if possible but not required)
Cartoon Network and Boomerang
Disney Channel and Disney XD

Though it would be nice have but not needed, possibly Disney Junior and Freeform.

Edit: Also need DVR functionality.
Looks like Top200 is your best bet.

Attachments

• 20FAECB1-4B0C-40F5-BEBC-F38A28E38841.jpeg
    20FAECB1-4B0C-40F5-BEBC-F38A28E38841.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 103
Cheapest as you write it is Sling Orange/Blue + News + Kids. DVR gives you 50 hours
$62

All the major news stations (and OANN and Newsmax if possible but not required)-requires news add on for $6. OAN is not on sling
(news add on is BBC World News, Newsnation, Newsmax, HLN , Weathernation in both...FOX Buinsess, CNBC in Blue only)
Cartoon Network and Boomerang Cartoon is in both Blue & Orange, Boomerang requires kids add on for $6
Disney Channel and Disney XD-only available in Orange (Disney XD is in kids add on)

Though it would be nice have but not needed, possibly Disney Junior and Freeform. (Freeform is in Orange, DJ is in kids add on)

The reason I mentioned Orange & Blue is Orange carries Disney owned stations (FF, Disney, ESPN/2) whereas Blue has Fox owned stations (Fox News, FS1, FX) and MSNBC. Since you mention OAN I assume you'd want Fox News. Without Blue it would be $35 for Orange + $12 for add ons

But as noted above if you want to cut the cord and go streaming Sling would be the cheapest. YouTubeTv and Hulu are between $65-70 but has more channels included in the base pack

Since I already have the Disney Bundle, I figure the cheapest way is to add Hulu Live on top of it. I'm going to add that when my contact with Dish ends next month. Thanks for your help guys!

Since I already have the Disney Bundle, I figure the cheapest way is to add Hulu Live on top of it. I'm going to add that when my contact with Dish ends next month. Thanks for your help guys!
Sounds like a good idea. Hulu does have all the stations you requested above. As for news stations its ABCNews, CBSNews, Cheddar, Bloomberg, CNBC, CNN, FOX Business, FOX News, HLN, MSNBC and Newsnation

Reactions: edisonprime
Sounds like a good idea. Hulu does have all the stations you requested above. As for news stations its ABCNews, CBSNews, Cheddar, Bloomberg, CNBC, CNN, FOX Business, FOX News, HLN, MSNBC and Newsnation
I notice they also have CNBC World with the Entertainment add-on. I'll probably have that as well for that as well as Nicktoons, AHC and a few other channels! I've always wanted to watch Military History as well! I know I didn't mention those channels but I'll still be saving money. I currently have HBO Max through Dish but now I'll get it thru Hulu. Though I like them especially around the holidays, Hallmark and occasionally Pixl have good shows and I'll go through FrndlyTV to get those (if not all year, at least October through December).

Mrs. Foxbat and I recently left the shelter of a two-year price lock and now our Dish bill is more that our electric bill! So, we were examining our options.

We’ll probably end up shrinking down to the Flex Pack and add the National Sports to keep ESPN, but we still lose Big10. We can add that during football and basketball seasons, though, so it’s a thought.

Also, we’re able to pick up all of our Locals OTA, so paying $12/mo. for the PrimeTime Anytime advantage is the question.

I figure it will drop our bill by $45/mo. or so, nothing to sneeze at. Not quite ready to do the total cord-cut yet…

Reactions: MikeD-C05
The change went into effect this morning. Fingers-crossed it won’t mess up my F1 viewing.

Also, while I was in my account, Dish still shows an 811 receiver on my account, but it is not activated. I guess I need a Chat to remove it from the account.

• Wow
Reactions: TheKrell
The change went into effect this morning. Fingers-crossed it won’t mess up my F1 viewing.

Also, while I was in my account, Dish still shows an 811 receiver on my account, but it is not activated. I guess I need a Chat to remove it from the account.
Boy that is an old receiver. I think I had one on my account back in 05. It worked horribly. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Traded it in to the Dish depot for the 211k I think when it came out since you could turn it into a dvr with the $40.00 one time fee.

Isn't that the one with an OTA tuner in it? Component out for HD?
I had the all-black 6000, then the two-tone silver and black 811. They both had composite (yellow) and component (Y-Pr-Pb) outputs.

Sorry for the confusion, I was interrupted while posting.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)