What's the deal with MYX TV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
Every now and then I check the usuals (The List, Lyngsat, FTA List, etc...) for new channels. Lyngsat and FTA List showed MYX on Galaxy 19 as FTA so I did a scan for FTA channels on that TP. Nothing. Just for kicks I did a scan for all channels on the TP and got lots of channels, all with $. One of them was MYX. It had the dollar sign, but it had clear audio and video. What's up?

some channels they do that. They show scrambled (as in the $$ sign) but not

examples I can think of
-on G16 C-Band My Network TV (both SD & HD) are in the clear yet they show $$
-at one time 3 Angels Network on AMC4 would show $$ but was free

I was getting Myx TV until about a week ago

now I get audio but no video
12022V on Galaxy97
Viewsat Ultra
is it scrambled now?

some channels they do that. They show scrambled (as in the $$ sign) but not

examples I can think of
-on G16 C-Band My Network TV (both SD & HD) are in the clear yet they show $$
-at one time 3 Angels Network on AMC4 would show $$ but was free

E! on AMC 3 does that.

I was getting Myx TV until about a week ago

now I get audio but no video
12022V on Galaxy97
Viewsat Ultra
is it scrambled now?

I lost the video also.

MYX is available on:

Cable - Orange County CA
Cable - Northern Virginia
Cable - NewYorkCity, WashingtonDC, Philadelphia, Chicago. Boston,
Cable - Guam
and last but not least
Satellite - Direc TV

My opinion:

It has been scrambled. :( To leave it ITC dilutes viewership of paying customers and ad revenue. :(

Okay, now I'm confused and want to make sure what the rules are.

It is on The List, but it is listed as scrambled.

So can we post about if something on the list listed as scrambled goes unscrambled?
Wouldn't that cause those signals to go away if the uplinkers see that?

Okay, now I'm confused and want to make sure what the rules are.

It is on The List, but it is listed as scrambled.
some channels listed as scrambled may be in the clear. This is one of them. My Network TV on G16 C-Band is another. There is supposedly an encryption type there but it is turned off

So can we post about if something on the list listed as scrambled goes unscrambled?
Wouldn't that cause those signals to go away if the uplinkers see that?
Its been posted numerous times (E!) in the open so I dont think there is an issue. But normally yes dont talk about items that might be ITC for a moment on the main board :)

It has been scrambled. :( To leave it ITC dilutes viewership of paying customers and ad revenue. :(

I doubt that there's any loss of ad revenue. As far as I know, the cable and sat package providers don't get any kickback on ad revenue. If they did, we're still seeing the ads so it's a "win-win" issue for everyone. But, what do I know? :rolleyes:

I doubt that there's any loss of ad revenue. As far as I know, the cable and sat package providers don't get any kickback on ad revenue. If they did, we're still seeing the ads so it's a "win-win" issue for everyone. But, what do I know? :rolleyes:

I don't think Nielson can track the ratings of FTA viewed stations. So it may affect the station's ratings which in turn is a gauge on how much they can charge for commercials. Probably a very small amount if any though.

some channels listed as scrambled may be in the clear. This is one of them. My Network TV on G16 C-Band is another. There is supposedly an encryption type there but it is turned off

Its been posted numerous times (E!) in the open so I dont think there is an issue. But normally yes dont talk about items that might be ITC for a moment on the main board :)

Thanks for the explanation Ice!

I apologise if it seemed like I was being hard on you SpiffWilkie. I just want to make sure we have this kind of stuff as long as possible. ;)

I don't think Nielson can track the ratings of FTA viewed stations. So it may affect the station's ratings which in turn is a gauge on how much they can charge for commercials. Probably a very small amount if any though.

Even if I had a sub how would they know what I'm watching? And you're right, we wouldn't have a significant impact on revenue anyway.

I have heard that a lot of digital stb cable recieivers use the internet stream and report back to the cable company a log file on your viewing habits - channel, time, dat, how long viewed etc.

i have also heard that dish and directv have the capability to that if your receiver is connected to a phone line or ethernet connection (HR-20 or 21).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts