What's the latest Comcast satellite buy back offers???

rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
With D* looking like (at least at this point) no new national HD channels in the near term I'm thinking about bringing Comcast back in for awhile. I have an old STB and dish I can turn in and wondering if they're still doing the buy back deal for satellite customers? Just trying to get some info before making a decision to call or not. Thanks

Last month I received a $25.00 per month credit for 16 months by subscribing to the Silver package. With no contract. With a little negotiation I got a HD Motorola DVR receiver for 1 year for free.

Dish buyback promos

rad said:
With D* looking like (at least at this point) no new national HD channels in the near term I'm thinking about bringing Comcast back in for awhile. I have an old STB and dish I can turn in and wondering if they're still doing the buy back deal for satellite customers? Just trying to get some info before making a decision to call or not. Thanks

My deal when Voom folded was one year of Digital cable for $29.99 per month, a free (no monthly $14.95) DCT-6412 HD DVR (with HD of course) and $5 per month each for the premiums channels (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Stars, & the movie channel for a total of $25). Addtional boxes were at the normal rate ($9.95/month for HD-Non DVR and $14.95 per month for my 2nd DCT6412). Comcast's HD stations are about as few in number as Directv (Disc HD, INHD1, INHD2, TNTHD, Comcast Sportsnet HD, ESPNHD plus HBOHD, Stars HD, Show HD, CinemaxHD if you have premiums). No universal HD nor HDnet channels and no new HD additions on the horizon (I have asked). We also have all the locals in HD (6 in all in Baltimore) (except UPN which does not broadcast in HD). I actually get better HD local quality using my Voom STBs as a tuner or just using the TV's HD tuner (connected to roof top antenna provided by Voom).
Wayne

Your install is free, do not let them charge you for this. Also, You will get a better deal if you talk to a salesperson from your area than calling the toll free number.:)

This is the deal Comcast just offered me. I haven't taken it -- yet, but its tempting.

--I give them my satellite receiver. They give me $25 off the bill for 16 months.
--I would get an HD Digital Box with DVR for upstairs and a second Digital Box for the basement.
--HBO or Cinemax for 16 months free
--HD Pack of channels

$62.48 a month (that includes all taxes) until May 2007.

Sounds like a decent deal doesn't it?

Proc said:
This is the deal Comcast just offered me. I haven't taken it -- yet, but its tempting.
--I give them my satellite receiver. They give me $25 off the bill for 16 months.
--I would get an HD Digital Box with DVR for upstairs and a second Digital Box for the basement.
--HBO or Cinemax for 16 months free
--HD Pack of channels
$62.48 a month (that includes all taxes) until May 2007.
Sounds like a decent deal doesn't it?
That does sound like a good deal. Did you call and negotiate for this deal or was it the standard offer?

Rob

Rob O said:
That does sound like a good deal. Did you call and negotiate for this deal or was it the standard offer?
Rob

I called. It was semi-negotiated, but mostly it was the customer service rep who offered it. I decided to stay with D* though. The thought of losing my NFL Sunday Ticket package weighed in the decision.

Proc, be glad you did not do it. I breifly went to comcast a while ago. And their DVR was no good, and the HD box would lock up all the time. I am in the boat you are in though. I stick with Directv becouse of the football package. I still have comcast internet and "Limited Basic" so I can have the internet at a reduced rate....Though sometimes DTV makes me wish comcast was a bet better!

Last edited:
Proc said:
I called. It was semi-negotiated, but mostly it was the customer service rep who offered it. I decided to stay with D* though. The thought of losing my NFL Sunday Ticket package weighed in the decision.

Hi Proc, The best thing about Comcast is that there is no contract, with both D* and E* we tend to get paranoid thinking that we stuck for a year or two. The deal for either 12 or 16 can be canceled at anytime as you know.

I had Comcast come in with the deal and still kept E* until I was satisfied that it worked and had the Local HD reception I was looking for. In addition, the most important item was that I am saving about 45 dollars a month while both E* and D* get their act together with MPEG4 and local HD. Enjoying a HDDVR and at the end of my deal, If I go with either E* or D* then I have the money to purchase a MPEG4 HDDVR.

I suggest that you try it out, and hold on to D* and give a shot :eureka :)

I'm about to switch to Comcast from DirecTV, does anyone have any updated information on this subject?

Thanks!

I left comcast about a year ago. From what I can tell, the only deals are if you let them take over everything. Internet, TV and phone. The triple play package for $99. Of course that doesn't include any fees

I'm about to switch to Comcast from DirecTV, does anyone have any updated information on this subject?

Thanks!

Current deal in this area for Dish Winback, is $49.99 for Preferred with Starz, 2 free boxes, and free installation. You can also get a Triple Play as stated above if you want. Best deal is the $114 Preferred plan, or $129 Preferred Plus. Pricing is good for 12 months. Only fee is $3 modem lease, taxes are less than $5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts