Whats The "real" scoop on FOXHD and DISH Turbo Packages

kenyaecker

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Last night I spent 3 hours on the phone with Dish. Finally after an hour I got someone who did not have an accent as was part of the "real" tech support. Here is the problem.

Yesterday morning I was told that FOXHD would not be a aprt of the TurboHD absolute package and that I would have to go to the TurboGOLD package to get it.. Okay I did at a $20/month increase from my $29.95 Absolut price.

I get home last night only to find NO FoxHD plus I lost Universal, HDNet movies, MGM and a few others. In short The absolute packages do not have all the HD that is available or was available on the absolute package. And the GOLD (which is the top of the line) you would think would have everything.

Look on the website. See what Turbo GOLD is missing. You have to also ADD the "PLATINUM" HD package to the GOLD to get back all the HD I had on the Turbo Absolute package. This is another $10/month on top of the increase for the GOLD package. They said that those HD's that I lost are priced higher than the other HD Channels.

SO, in order to get everything I started out with yesterday morning with the Absolute package, I have to now have TurboGOLD + the PLATINUM add on for a price increase of $30/month. RIPPP! No one told me this until after I switched packages. ANd they can not switch me back to the Absolut because it does not exist anymore. But WAIT... It gets better.

FOXnewsHD is not included in any of this! No no no. In order to have Fox HD I have to totally switch out of the Turbo (HD only) packages and go to Top 250SD(classic gold) + goldHD + PLAT add on for a grand new monthly rate of $94/month. All to get FOX in HD.

Are these folks idiots or what! Bullsh!t. But there is more.

Now they did tell me that FoxNewsHD will be coming to the Turbo Bronze package March 1. but not to the GOLD. What? So if you really want Turbo HD programming and FOXNewsHD, you have to scale down to the BRONZE turbo package and sacrifice 10 HD channels from the GOLD turbo package. Really? My god people. THis info came from a tech support person (in Virginia) and not the others, those useful idiots at the call center.

In breif. All HD only programming (turbo packages) is not inclusive of all the HD they offer.:mad:

Can someone else out there verify this for me? Cause I don't really think anyone at Dish knows what is going on. -Thanks fo listening:eek: I need a pill.

All of that really sucks, but you could have seen it coming. I imagine now you will frequent this site more often in order to stay up to date. :)

On the bright side, if it gets added to Turbo Bronze, you will get it as a Turbo Gold customer. You have everything in Bronze and Silver plus whatever channels are at the gold level.

Where's the scoop in this?

You spend most of your time complaining that you didn't know you had to add the Platinum package. How is that anyone's fault but yourself?

It's still a bit of a mystery why Fox isn't included, but everything else is spelled out clearly. Why would you switch to a package if you didn't know what was in it?

Agreed that these packages are a ripoff- that's why only a fool would switch to them.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been shut down. Scott slammed the door on a thread I started in order get answers on this whole FOX debacle.

Cause I am just the average "Joe" customer, not an installer or in the business. Just one of the myriads or ordinary people out there that Dish has dazed and confused.

You spend most of your time complaining that you didn't know you had to add the Platinum package. How is that anyone's fault but yourself?

another thing!

And the other thing is they keep changing the damn programming on the website. Yesterday FoxHD was listed on the Turbo Gold. Not today! Even you seem not to know it all.

Not to change the subject, but, is anyone else having audio/video dropout on FNC HD? I did a soft reset and checked other channels and they have no problem. It has been doing this for an hour or so if not a little longer. I am on the eastern arc in Northern Virginia...

And we will probably never know definitively; technical issue? jerks running the programming department? incompetent corporation? Who knows. I just hope it gets turned on for me... something other than a news station would also help ease the pain, but as Scott's avatar indicates: "Spring?!" Where is Dish headquartered? I hope it is in my hometown of Miami... It is already spring there...

That address is all over the internet, I wouldn't worry about that one.

But as I was told about 30 minutes ago on the phone, the new fox HD channels have configuration issues which they are still trying to fix. I am told again that the Turbo Gold Package should get both HD's while the bronze only gets the Fox News HD channel.

That address is all over the internet, I wouldn't worry about that one.

But as I was told about 30 minutes ago on the phone, the new fox HD channels have configuration issues which they are still trying to fix. I am told again that the Turbo Gold Package should get both HD's while the bronze only gets the Fox News HD channel.

Ok but as I posted to you in one of the other Fox threads, Brian in the CEOs office says they are not going to be part of the TurboHD packages. If it's a technical issue, why did he lie?

Cause I am just the average "Joe" customer, not an installer or in the business. Just one of the myriads or ordinary people out there that Dish has dazed and confused.

i dunno, an ounce of research BEFORE purchasing anything is worth a pound of headache after you sign. the info is all out there.

be an informed consumer before you sign.......

We need as many threads as it takes to find out what the hell the deal is.

The more threads, the less likely that everyone reads any particular thread.

So, if there was only one thread, it would be more likely that some answer would become known.

There no longer seem to be any moderators merging threads at this site any more. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)