What's the value of an 811 receiver?

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Since I no longer have Dish, I want to sell an 811 receiver that's been packed away. But I have no idea what it's worth or what to ask. What do you guys think? It can only be used to pick up OTA programming( if you're a Dish customer) is that right? Thanks.

correct
Its a MPEG2 receiver that has an OTA ASTC tuner so it would only work on Western Arc

Dish is using them as a new model (381) but its the same receiver...I've sold 311's for 30 bucks here

I use one for OTA and it works pretty well. If I have a sat connection to 110 (same sat as Mpls locals are on) I get guide info. You do need a sat connection for it to work

Thanks Iceberg. Mine's an 811 though. What do you think the value is for an 811?

sine it is limited on what it can be used for (MPEG2 Western Arc only) I would say $50 max

Ebay has them for a little cheaper right now except for one lunatic who has a new one for 150 bucks ;)

Thanks. I saw one person on Ebay selling the 811 for $50, "Buy Now".

Just to make sure I have this right, if a person is a Dish customer, and hooks up the 811 with an OTA antenna, will they be able to receive their locals in HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)