Whats up with channels above 380s range?

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
Today I was in my all channels guide and noticed that AMC,IFC and WE were in the upper 300 range(package that is Blockbuster@home channels).Is Dish moving the Channels.I subscribe at AT 250 ,they better not be moving them to another Package.Just curious if anyone knew as to why they are up in that channel range..

Today I was in my all channels guide and noticed that AMC,IFC and WE were in the upper 300 range(package that is Blockbuster@home channels).Is Dish moving the Channels.I subscribe at AT 250 ,they better not be moving them to another Package.Just curious if anyone knew as to why they are up in that channel range..

My guess is they are adding those channels to BBMP as well.So anyone who doesnt want to subscribe to the AT packages can get them on BBMP as well.This is only speculation and not fact...

Maybe it's some sort of maintenence? I can't see them moving AMC to a premium type of package. Especially since it's in most cable systems lower tiers.

Maybe it's some sort of maintenence? I can't see them moving AMC to a premium type of package. Especially since it's in most cable systems lower tiers.

They would stay in the same packages they are in now, only difference would be adding the option to the BBMP.

They would stay in the same packages they are in now, only difference would be adding the option to the BBMP.
Hmm, could be. But Dish would have to raise the price of BB@Home. It already is a hell of a deal and I don't see Dish eating the cost of added channels to that package.

Hmm, could be. But Dish would have to raise the price of BB@Home. It already is a hell of a deal and I don't see Dish eating the cost of added channels to that package.

Yes it is. Guess we will have to wait and see what happens..

391 is WE
392 is AMC
393 is IFC

What is interesting is 389 is Sundance, and those three other channels are sister networks. Could this be some sort of a la carte AMC Networks add-on?

Also, AMC HD currently does not show up on 392. I wonder if we might see We HD, IFC HD, or/and Sundance HD?

This should be interesting; Dish is really making us think on this one.

I also noticed that 845 Discovery en Espanol and 853 Discovery Family are showing up in the my channels at a relative's right now with AT 250 and Blockbuster @ Home. Too bad there is not English as a SAP.

Mojo Jojo said:
391 is WE
392 is AMC
393 is IFC

What is interesting is 389 is Sundance, and those three other channels are sister networks. Could this be some sort of a la carte AMC Networks add-on?

Also, AMC HD currently does not show up on 392. I wonder if we might see We HD, IFC HD, or/and Sundance HD?

This should be interesting; Dish is really making us think on this one.

It would be nice if it were an AMC type add-on package.

391 is WE
392 is AMC
393 is IFC

Also, AMC HD currently does not show up on 392.

Will this screw up timers that have been set up on the old channel?

It could be a move to force people down into the BB neighborhood to see the extra channels they currently don't get, but could if they would add BB.

Earlier today, AMC 130 (SD) showed a slate saying that the channel was out and they were working on it, and AMC (HD) was really grainy with lots of artifacts.

Now, the SD version is working, but the HD version is showing the same thing as BET (channel 124).

Does anyone know what's going on?

AMC HD on the WA is showing the correct programming, but there is still a problem, breaking up and pixelizations.. I can't check the EA at the moment....

I just checked AMC 130 and BET 124 on my EA, both HD and SD. All appear fine. Of course when I checked they both were on commercials.

11PM AMC HD seems to be ok on WA now. On a related note, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)