What's up with closing the VOOM threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mperdue

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
McCordsville, Indiana
Why is it that all the threads with VOOM in the title are being closed by the moderators? Why can't those of us who are interested in the VOOM channels discuss them? We've had to sit through a year of bitching about the lack of SCIFi HD and Spike HD and all the other channels people here have whined about. We learned to ignore those threads. It's unfortunate that a few loud-mouth jerks who feel the need to complain about any mention of VOOM - even in threads clearly identified as being about VOOM - have succeeded in reducing the freedom to post.

Mario

I am not one to complain but I have to agree, a few people have seem to pursuaded the moderators. I know that Voom is not on Dish anymore but it was. and there is still court things going on. But it just doesnt seem right to just close them or move them when Voom has dealt with Dish for a few years now.

Dissapointed in sat guys

Why is it that all the threads with VOOM in the title are being closed by the moderators? Why can't those of us who are interested in the VOOM channels discuss them? We've had to sit through a year of bitching about the lack of SCIFi HD and Spike HD and all the other channels people here have whined about. We learned to ignore those threads. It's unfortunate that a few loud-mouth jerks who feel the need to complain about any mention of VOOM - even in threads clearly identified as being about VOOM - have succeeded in reducing the freedom to post.

Mario

People are tired of hearing about Voom. They basicaly want us to shut up!

I love this forum but to be honest Im very dissapointed at the person or
people who closed the voom threads.

The moderators are biased against Voom. This should not be the case. They are here to safeguard everyones right to post/vent.

That is the beauty of a forum! If people dont like a thread-They should not read it.
But it should stay put for those who need to comunicate to each other.

Im am a recent pub member\suporter. I love this site, however I feel betrayed and taken advantaged of. I really question the objectivity of this site?

We have been told in not so many words to be silent!

Im am a very dissapointed member.

I thought Sat guys were better than this.

Maybe if instead of starting a new thread 10x a day, you just resurrected a dead/dying thread of the same topic they wont be closed.

I do agree that threads should not be closed, merged yes, closed no.

. . . betrayed; taken advantage of??? That is being a little extreme . . . listen I am one of the biggest horror fans around and am still in mourning over losing Monsters HD, but how much longer can we cry over spilled milk? Dish has made it plain and simple: the response, or should I say, the lack of response from its consumer base shows that they made a correct decision and are moving forward. Now for channels like Sci Fi and Spike HD, they have more of a consumer base for those channels and the continued threads show Dish how important it was and is to add.

. . . betrayed; taken advantage of??? That is being a little extreme . . . listen I am one of the biggest horror fans around and am still in mourning over losing Monsters HD, but how much longer can we cry over spilled milk? Dish has made it plain and simple: the response, or should I say, the lack of response from its consumer base shows that they made a correct decision and are moving forward. Now for channels like Sci Fi and Spike HD, they have more of a consumer base for those channels and the continued threads show Dish how important it was and is to add.

I stand by my post! I came to dish soley for Voom back in 2005( i think). Recently upgraded to two722 for the programming upgrades on Monster.
Then, without warning the channels I came to dish for went dark in the middle of the night.

Am I being extreme? Not a chance. What dish did was dead wrong-PERIOD.
Do I as a high paying customer have a right to be furious-Absolutely.

If I cant post it on Sat guys were all views''should'' be excepted without bias..Something is wrong here..

Joel

I dont mind if they are merged I just dont see why we have to close them all, there should be one Voom thread with Dish if people dont like it they dont have to go to it.

Discussing Voom here is still as relavent as mentioning Tivo at the very least. Boom and Dish are still in a relationship albeit one in dspute. This sort of proactive censorship by Satguys further undermines the mission and spirit of our foundation as a community. Are we in the pocket of Charlie now?

Yeah, it's already bad enough with people bring up VOOM for no reason in every other thread.

It is a dead issue now, though, and doesn't apply to DISH. But killing the actual VOOM threads is just going to make every other thread even more annoying.

Yeah, it's already bad enough with people bring up VOOM for no reason in every other thread.

It is a dead issue now, though, and doesn't apply to DISH. But killing the actual VOOM threads is just going to make every other thread even more annoying.

I guess what gets me is the pure dislike people on this site have for Voom?
Whats not to like? A 24hr trueHD commercial free channel?

I would think most people would jump to have something ''special'' unique like this on their system..

Now all we have is Direc and direc jr.. It was just a stupid-penny piching move by dish.

I dont get it?

I guess what gets me is the pure dislike people on this site have for Voom?

I am pro-Voom. I was always pro-Voom.

I am anti-beating-a-dead-fricking-horse-into-oblivion-while-blubbering-like-a-three-year-old and-wailing-"I wanna ride my pony!"

I am anti-beating-a-dead-fricking-horse-into-oblivion-while-blubbering-like-a-three-year-old and-wailing-"I wanna ride my pony!"

Then dont read the posts! Its our right, in our threads to cry, rant all we want.

Thats what a forum is all about!

What's up with closing the VOOM threads? I have to agree. What's up with closing the VOOM threads? Freakin ridiculous.

M Sparks: I am not over it yet, just ignore the Voom threads and go on if that suits you. Not everybody likes the exact same things. For a high definition enthusiast and a movie and entertainment lover the removal of Voom is a major thing after enjoying it for almost five years. To suddenly have it jerked away from you when it is a reason you subscribe is a major deal. I am not over it yet and I will likely want to discuss it and hear discussions about it for some time. To shut down the threads so soon feels like censorship to me. This is not totally directed at you M. Sparks, I just do not agree with the "I am anti-beating-a-dead-fricking-horse-into-oblivion-while-blubbering-like-a-three-year-old and-wailing-"I wanna ride my pony!"", statement. If you do not agree you are entitled. I do not have multiple accounts which I am using to create the appearance of interest in a dead subject. I think the interest is real. I only have one account so I do not understand why the the threads were stopped since that is listed as one of the reasons the threads were terminated also. I realize use of this site is a priveledge.

Last edited:
Way too many threads on the same subject. we kept hearing how class action lawsuits an petitions were going to bring results but n the end nothing happened.

i miss VOOM as well---though not as much as some of you---but it is simply time to move on. this is after all a private forum. none of us has the "right" to post anything at all. the owners of the forum do have a right to cut discussion off at ome point.

Last edited:
It sure was pleasant around here the last couple of days. Too bad it had to end.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)