Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
The Solomend is putting up a "scrambled" message right now, although the icon for encrypted channels isn't lit. This is normally this receiver's way of saying I'm using nonexistent PIDs, but I've re-scanned and I still get the same behavior.

Same here. I've seen this behavior on other services also. I attribute it to some problem at the uplink facilities, as most came back. I also notice two barkers on that tp now. Maybe someones contract expired?

Same here. I've seen this behavior on other services also. I attribute it to some problem at the uplink facilities, as most came back. I also notice two barkers on that tp now. Maybe someones contract expired?

Me too since last night on my SV360p but the signal is strong. What's a "barker"?

MHz WorldView has removed their channel from Galaxy19. This channel is used for distribution and also intended for direct to home reception.

If you viewed and will miss this service, please contact the broadcaster and let them know that you will miss the channel.

Email: MHzBusiness@mhznetworks.org
Telephone: 703-770-7100[FONT=verdana,geneva][/FONT]

Your voice will be heard!

"barker" channel:>> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barker_channel <<There's two promoting available services. Yeah, I'll miss it, tuned in at least a few time a week.

Being on a paid provider doesn't preclude also being free. Isn't Russia Today on DirecTV? And MHz wasn't the only free channel on Globecast. (And of course PBS also provides its signal ITC in several locations, and even acknowledges that one of them is for home use.)

Just sent an e-mail myself. Since I live in Canada there is no other way to get the channel. I'll especially miss the Aussie Rules Football on Monday nights (well at least I did get to see my team Collingwood Magpies win the Grand Final).

Numerous "expletives deleted" over the loss of this channel!

Just sent an e-mail myself. Since I live in Canada there is no other way to get the channel. I'll especially miss the Aussie Rules Football on Monday nights (well at least I did get to see my team Collingwood Magpies win the Grand Final).

Numerous "expletives deleted" over the loss of this channel!

Yikes! I've been really enjoying Aussie rules the last two years. Collingswood and Geelong are excellent. Guess it's time to send an email. No cable here, so no more footie?

Email sent. I enjoyed much of MHz's programming and am sad to see it go, I guess it's time to repair the OTA antenna and try to pull it off of KBTC Bellingham.

Reply to my email.
Oh well, such is FTA. :(

"Thanks for your email and interest in MHz Networks and MHz Worldview. As a non-profit organization we've had to recently look at more cost effective ways to transmit and distribute our national channel throughout the United States. As G19 was primarily used to bring the channel to our 30 broadcast and cable affiliates throughout the country, we felt the move was in our best interest and consequently moved to another service for business use. Unfortunately for home viewers watching the channel via G19, we will not be launching on another transponder.

MHz Worldview is available on DirecTV, channel 2183 across the country. You can also go to www.mhznetworks.org/mhzworldview/affiliates to see if we have a local affiliate in your area.

Additional MHz Networks content, both free and pay, is available on MHz Networks on Demand via the Roku digital video player. News and magazines are free and series programs require subscriptions. All programs require a free account set up at our website. Additional information can be found here: MHz On Demand - Roku. The digital video player is available at Best Buy, Radio Shack and Fry's stores nationwide.

You may visit MHz News for the latest announcements regarding new distribution of MHz Worldview and our other content.

Please let me know if you should have any additional questions.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We do appreciate your support.

Best,

Stephanie Misar
Marketing Director
www.mhznetworks.org"

Canned response.

Inside sources tell me that they are keeping count of the responses and will adjust their distribution method accordingly.

I´m emailing them also,

They have good international programming, sports, movies etc, I will miss them if they don´t come back. :(

Canned response.

Inside sources tell me that they are keeping count of the responses and will adjust their distribution method accordingly.

Their reply to me was identical to the above, except that it did leave out the DirecTV information, so it does show that they are reading the e-mails, as I stated I live in Canada.

MHz Worldview discontinued our distribution via G19 at midnight November 30 as we have
adopted a new business services provider to distribute our channel to our 30 broadcast and
cable affiliates throughout the country. As a non-profit organization we've had to recently
look at more cost effective ways to transmit and distribute our national channel.

While we do understand that home consumers may have viewed the channel directly from G19
with FTA receivers and antennas, our primary use of G19 was for the business distribution
mentioned.

MHz Worldview does not have plans of returning to G19, but you may look for the latest in
distribution availabilities and announcements of MHz content by visiting www.mhznetworks.org/news,
or see how to watch where you live at: www.mhznetworks.org/mhzworldview/carriage.

I only watched one show regularly on MHz, but when I discovered it shortly after getting my FTA setup I emailed them to say how much I appreciated it, since I know how often channels drop shows if they think nobody is watching. I didn't bother to say I was getting it on G19 though, since I thought that the majority of their viewers would be on satellite. Which brings me to the point of this post:

What irritates me the most is the way the transition was handled. First, the date of their announcement on the website was November 29th, only two days prior. Second, absolutely nowhere was it ever hinted that the broadcast on G19 wasn't intended for public consumption. In fact, Globecast always listed it as part of their channel lineup. (Globecast was quick to remove it from their website, but for some reason the channel table is STILL being uplinked with MHz Worldview included.)

If they want to distribute it via IP to save money, I have no problem with that, but I wish they'd make it available to the public on the net. (Roku? No thanks! I already HAVE another media player, not to mention numerous computers. Open standards or nothing!)

I emailed them with the same argument as I posted here, and got the same form letter as others, which obviously failed to address my point. Really classy, guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts